Breaking: North Texas Lands Commitment Weiss WR Jacques Spradley-Demps.

23 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Somebody like this is almost certain to go to the portal within 2 years to some power school with major NIL. Better to let him go on down the road now.

If he already has those kind of offers now and yet chooses to go to North Texas anyway, why would he be more likely to transfer than someone else who doesn't get those kind of offers until after he gets here?

On 10/24/2023 at 12:48 AM, Cr1028 said:

10000% committed? Really? Somebody call Merriam Webster. 

Saw a joke the other day where someone said that in a job interview the first thing they'd do is get a glass of water and overfill it such that it went all over the table.  Then he'd say, "I always give 110%".

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/24/2023 at 6:50 AM, El Paso Eagle said:

What a stupid ass comment about a man who has gone out of his way to get recognition and open doors for North Texas. Some of you who claim to be North Texas fans go out of your way to dump crap any chance you can.

Gone out of his way? Sheesh. He's a HS coach that reached out to Morris on a whim and Morris took the bait. He then hits buttons on his phone to advertise for the school in which he is the recruiting coordinator for. And he talks shit all the while. How is this going out of his way? 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2

6 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

If he already has those kind of offers now and yet chooses to go to North Texas anyway, why would he be more likely to transfer than someone else who doesn't get those kind of offers until after he gets here?

Because he will raise his price for NIL with any kind of achievement here.

17 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Somebody like this is almost certain to go to the portal within 2 years to some power school with major NIL. Better to let him go on down the road now.

I don't get this logic at all. If an athlete makes our team better NOW, I don't care where they end up 2 years down the road. You can't go out and stop recruiting good athletes because they have offers from other programs and you're scared they might leave your program in a year or two.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/24/2023 at 8:50 AM, El Paso Eagle said:

What a stupid ass comment about a man who has gone out of his way to get recognition and open doors for North Texas. Some of you who claim to be North Texas fans go out of your way to dump crap any chance you can.

Since someone brought up Merriam Webster 

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/joke

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rojomojo said:

I feel like I've said something before about UNT trying to keep athletes home in a futile manner when they're being offered by p5 programs

In your rush to pat yourself on the back and justify your previous comments, understand that this young man had three offers when we extended our offer, Arkansas St., Incarnate Word and TCU.  He obviously liked us better than TCU

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, rojomojo said:

I feel like I've said something before about UNT trying to keep athletes home in a futile manner when they're being offered by p5 programs

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/taylor-starling-135640/RecruitInterests/

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/jayven-anderson-147702/RecruitInterests/

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/qualon-farrar-125780/RecruitInterests/

Just to name a few. 

• Upvote 2

Holy Receiver, Batman!  How did you know?  He is perceived to be the best one of all but that might be a little to heavy at this time.

All I know is that several of the Big Boys are swarming around and trying to take him from us.  I consider him the replacement for Burns but he should be a little better.  If we could get four the caliber of Maclin, it's almost assured that one of them will be open on every play.

I surely hope that we can keep this receiver but I imagine we'll see an outlandish offer trying to get him away.  Right now, he seems convinced we are the one and I hope the we can come close to matching the NIL this player will be offered.

On 10/25/2023 at 4:58 PM, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Because we were his first offer.  Plus we wanted him as a safety...he seemed to prefer linebacker in spite of his size.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

Because we were his first offer.  Plus we wanted him as a safety...he seemed to prefer linebacker in spite of his size.

Actually, Arkansas State was his first offer.  And he also had offers from TCU, Baylor, and other schools before he committed here.

• Upvote 3

Is it just me or does it seem like this staff has a hard time reading poker faces?  We spent thousands of dollars making videos and photshops on a kid like this and he clearly was using us just so K-State can brag how they flipped a UNT commit.  I demand better effort from our recruiting staff.  I realize they can't bat 1000% but I also can hope for 250 or 300 can't I?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

17 hours ago, JT Hammons said:

Is it just me or does it seem like this staff has a hard time reading poker faces?  We spent thousands of dollars making videos and photshops on a kid like this and he clearly was using us just so K-State can brag how they flipped a UNT commit.  I demand better effort from our recruiting staff.  I realize they can't bat 1000% but I also can hope for 250 or 300 can't I?

If you spend thousands of dollars making videos and photoshops you are doing it VERY wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1