Desoto OL Decommits from North Texas

40 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

Until signed I don't pay any attention to these players. Most are hedging their bets waiting for some P5 offer and the glory it brings..lol

I've said it before and I truly believe it, a lot of players would rather be part of a P5 even if they're on the bench rather than being a main player in a G5

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I've said it before and I truly believe it, a lot of players would rather be part of a P5 even if they're on the bench rather than being a main player in a G5

Disagree, most players believe they are good enough to start anywhere.   Few are content to ride the bench anywhere.  

Reality is that if over half a teams recruits significantly contribute than that team is doing well. 

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, greenminer said:

@TheReal_jayD, when we lose a verbal like this, what typically happens with the offer? Do we leave it on the table, or rescind it and shift the priority to a new player?

I don’t think they rescind the offer. Because we have seen kids reverse track in past and re commit. But I def think the staff starts recruiting other kids to feel spot as well. But even if we have say a QB committed. This staff stays in contact with other QBs as well in case a decommit happens

• Upvote 1