Austin Aune- Atlanta Falcons Camp Invite

jtm0097

Ditto for Aune.  I hope he succeeds to the highest level.  He just going to have to learn when to throw away or take the loss.

Which leads us to Steve Ramsey.  He had so much confidence in his passing ability that he would throw into double coverage.  And, he got away with it numerous times.  He could really thread the needle.  I'm not saying that his passing wasn't good, that he had bad receivers but he was another quarterback who thought that he was invincible (he dang near was).  Maybe Aune has some of that temperament and I hope that it can be coached out of him.  You go, Austin!

14 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

Ditto for Aune.  I hope he succeeds to the highest level.  He just going to have to learn when to throw away or take the loss.

Which leads us to Steve Ramsey.  He had so much confidence in his passing ability that he would throw into double coverage.  And, he got away with it numerous times.  He could really thread the needle.  I'm not saying that his passing wasn't good, that he had bad receivers but he was another quarterback who thought that he was invincible (he dang near was).  Maybe Aune has some of that temperament and I hope that it can be coached out of him.  You go, Austin!

His "int" numbers would indicate that he didn't get away with it all that much. Considering that the primary college offenses during his tenure were run-oriented (wishbone and veer) the DB's on those teams didn't get a lot of game experience against someone like him.... unlike today. So, I would guess that he threw a lot of reckless passes, perhaps into triple coverage, and that's why his "int" numbers were so high.... OR there were a lot of passes that bounced off his receivers' hands because he often threw the ball with such velocity. 

THAT was a problem that yours truly noticed with AA,...... and the same for Jace Ruder. 

Since Steve Ramsey has been brought up again. I have always wondered about the top statistical receiver in 68 and 69, Barry Moore. What ever happened to Barry Moore? I assume that since he was the statistical leader for two seasons, he was a juco transfer. But what about post graduation?

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/16/2023 at 2:56 PM, jtm0097 said:

Bummer, maybe he can play in the XFL, USFL, or CFL.

The Germans have a word for what I am feeling about the release of the pick 6 machine: scha·den·freu·de

Edited by 97and03
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 1