Louisiana Tech (2/16/23)

CMJ

3 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

Also was it just me or did the guys look a little ragged tonight. They looked like they were breathing hard and winded in the 2nd half. Short bench didn't help I guess, no Martinez.

He had a padded head band not that long ago but then last time he didn’t have it. Idk… maybe dealing with injuries. 

• Upvote 1

Considering where Abou was when he arrived in Denton and where he is now, the future looks awesome.  Great game by him tonight, and I think the post game interview was the first time I have heard him talk.  Another great representative for our university and program.  I agree with all the comments already made regarding Huntsberry, Scott and Perry.  Rubin is starting to look like Rubin.  Too bad he got in foul trouble.  Really strong team win by 10, someone predicted before getting greedy and moving their prediction to 12.5.  

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, Venson said:

They are in black tonight. Someone's going to be upset. I wonder who that is?

Please review the situation. We won in spite of the obvious.

We were playing against a very subpar team who is 9-13 against Division 1 competition and who had an extremely easy OOC schedule,

That team was crippled by losing it's best player and leading scorer Coby Williams, as he was removed from the team just a day before,

With two minutes left in the 2nd half, La Tech is playing gawd-awful and shooting only 46% from the foul line,

The referees have called 8 fouls against North Texas and just 1 against Tech at that point of the game,

And "Conference Championship Contender" North Texas was only leading by 4 points.

Make this same mistake against competent competition and we can kiss goodbye any chance at the Big Dance or NIT.

And for any doubts, please review the same thing in last year's final regular season game at UTEP. We played like we were cursed, lost by a basket, and that one loss kept us from getting an at-large invite to the NCAA Tourney.

Nobody should be upset with the win at Tech. We should all be gratful we escaped with a victory in spite of the mistake.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Considering where Abou was when he arrived in Denton and where he is now, the future looks awesome.  Great game by him tonight, and I think the post game interview was the first time I have heard him talk.  Another great representative for our university and program.  I agree with all the comments already made regarding Huntsberry, Scott and Perry.  Rubin is starting to look like Rubin.  Too bad he got in foul trouble.  Really strong team win by 10, someone predicted before getting greedy and moving their prediction to 12.5.