Louisiana Tech (1/11/23)

CMJ

was scanning the box score per ESPN and it kinda shocked me to see that Aaron Scott has yet to be credited with a rebound. had you asked me before checking the stats I'd have sworn he had 3-5 from all the activity he gives on the glass. a non-stat stuffer, that dude. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, glick1980 said:

Team deserves more support.

Marketing has always been a disaster. Can’t just email out a ticket promotion. RV would use other school’s marketing campaigns and switch it out to North Texas (insert cursive script here).  The marketing is never fun, never original and never enough. I’d market this team like I were a minor league baseball team losing money. Nothing would be off the table. 

• Upvote 4

On 1/9/2023 at 9:45 PM, Matt from A700 said:

Why do students have to go to UNTtix just to get tickets to games? I remember all I had to do was just present my student ID to get into games. I wonder if that discourages students from going to games. I know they use their phones for everything, but it just seems like an unnecessary step to me when you are already paying for athletics through the athletics fee.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Venson said:

Why do students have to go to UNTtix just to get tickets to games? I remember all I had to do was just present my student ID to get into games. I wonder if that discourages students from going to games. I know they use their phones for everything, but it just seems like an unnecessary step to me when you are already paying for athletics through the athletics fee.

Agreed. They should be able to now/scan ID and get in. I also thought we would be upgrading the entrances but I guess that never happened. They just closed some of them…

7 minutes ago, Talon90 said:

La Tech is really missing this guy....he might want to have stayed another year or two.

Screenshot_20230111_201525_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230111_202000_Samsung Internet.jpg

He has been dominating for their G-Leauge team. At least last time I checked. He is getting an NBA pay check and being given chances on a young competitive team. He is doing just fine. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, meangreanmick said:

They have done a good job getting a big man up top on Perry this half’s making it tough to get a good 3 off.   

Then he needs to blow by them. That’s a solid switch if you wana get in the paint and if they collapse somebody is open for 3.