Chris Beard out at Texas

Hunter Green

2 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

So how long before Beard is making someone else a national contender?

I’m posting this against my better judgment, but how can he ever be hired again, but Briles can’t?

FWIW, I agree with that he will be coaching again and I don’t necessarily think he shouldn’t be allowed to.

• Upvote 1

So he was arrested for choking his girlfriend on the 12th, on the 23rd his girlfriend comes out and changes her story, then on the morning of January 5th the district attorney releases a statement basically saying that the case has stalled, and a few hours later he is fired.  Interestingly enough he had a clause in his contract that said he could be fired for cause if he was charged with a felony.  Seems like the university went ahead and fired him just in case the charges would be dropped.   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, outoftown said:

so, when coach mac eventually goes elsewhere, say UT, does NT go and get coach Beard (i.e. could there be a "coach swap")

This is a troll post, right?

• Upvote 2
  • Pissed 1

1 hour ago, golfingomez said:

maybe it's just me, but i don't think UT would want a hire like mac, because he's too "boring"

Yeah but he’s the polar opposite of someone charged with domestic violence, good with donors, winner, “good Christian man” as many of you on this board seem to love, etc

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

This is a troll post, right?

Well, it was at least with a twinkle in my eye. The down votes tell me i should not have forgotten the comic sans font.

That said, I have experienced that sometimes when I say things in that mood, apparently I am speaking them into existence. Also, I doubt coach Beard is gonna be as untouchable as coach Briles was after Baylor. If -as appears quite possible - the charges get dropped he will def get another shot at D1. But where, i have no idea.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meanJewGreen said:

Yeah but he’s the polar opposite of someone charged with domestic violence, good with donors, winner, “good Christian man” as many of you on this board seem to love, etc

I'm not sure what's with your recent anti-Christian crusade on this board.  But throwing "good Christian man" in the above post is just bizarre.  Most people would see Grant McCasland as the epitome of "good Christian man"...I've never heard anyone say anything like that about Chris Beard.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I'm not sure what's with your recent anti-Christian crusade on this board.  But throwing "good Christian man" in the above post is just bizarre.  Most people would see Grant McCasland as the epitome of "good Christian man"...I've never heard anyone say anything like that about Chris Beard.

Not a crusade (odd use of the word btw). Just think it’s overused, as a way to shield people from responsibility, especially in the football world. (And politics but that’s a whole other topic)

Mac is the epitome of one as you said, and should be the model for anyone bringing faith into their coaching practice.

Edited by meanJewGreen
  • Oh Boy! 1

2 hours ago, meanJewGreen said:

Not a crusade (odd use of the word btw). Just think it’s overused, as a way to shield people from responsibility, especially in the football world. (And politics but that’s a whole other topic)

Mac is the epitome of one as you said, and should be the model for anyone bringing faith into their coaching practice.

I wouldn't think of it as a shield, but something to live up to.

• Upvote 1