DRC: UNT completes 2023 football schedule by adding game against Florida International

Brett Vito

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

That probably means FIU is due for a turnaround year.

Will be big to see what Morris does versus Littrell. We're at LaTech and at FIU in 2023. Games that Littrell would typically struggle with.

We might lose one of them, but is it a competitive loss? I sure hope so

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

• Brett Vito changed the title to DRC: UNT completes 2023 football schedule by adding game against Florida International
1 minute ago, MGNation92 said:

Will be big to see what Morris does versus Littrell. We're at LaTech and at FIU in 2023. Games that Littrell would typically struggle with.

I don't follow? La Tech and FIU are the type of games Littrell always won. 

Cal will be the interesting OOC game. 

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 2

36 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I respectfully disagree.  I see 2023 as a complete rebuilding year.  Morris will have to completely retool the personnel on offense to match his needs.  I suspect same for the Iowa State coach on defense.

• Skeptical Eagle 2

18 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Seth was 2-5 vs La Tech. 

They’re also awful now, which they weren’t most of Seth’s tenure. Seth usually always beat the bottom dwellers.

We beat them down last year and I see no reason why we won’t next year. 

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 5
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

FIU is the perennial worst team in the country, and La Tech is in free fall. If Morris doesn’t win both games handily, might as well fire him lol 

• Upvote 4
  • RV 1
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

16 minutes ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Their starting QB was lost for the season after our game, which significantly impacted their season result. 

Perfect example why QB is the most impactful position on a football team, at any level.   

If we find a quality QB, we're 80% set... until he gets injured.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, NT80 said:

No, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express!

For anyone searching for travel rewards credit cards, maybe to help them with UNT road trips in the future, I highly recommend a IHG (Holiday Inn company) credit card. Right now they're doing 140k points for spending $3,000 in 3 months. Despite a $99 annual fee, rooms typically start at 10-15k points a night, and those are still rooms at safe hotels. I have had cards for Wyndham, Choice, and Marriott, and IHG is by far the best value. The others typically only give you a bonus good enough for 3-4 nights.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ihg/prem140k3kfocq4naep?CELL=6H8X&AFFID=9hoyiVMJXzw-oVfHWSZzgxU8Owip1_JrFQ&pvid=781740704ab346e8992bf9f3ef8bf13d&jp_cmp=cc/1179626/aff/3-10004197/na

Edited by Matt from A700
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

For anyone searching for travel rewards credit cards, maybe to help them with UNT road trips in the future, I highly recommend a IHG (Holiday Inn company) credit card. Right now they're doing 140k points for spending $3,000 in 3 months. Despite a $99 annual fee, rooms typically start at 10-15k points a night, and those are still rooms at safe hotels. I have had cards for Wyndham, Choice, and Marriott, and IHG is by far the best value. The others typically only give you a bonus good enough for 3-4 nights.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ihg/prem140k3kfocq4naep?CELL=6H8X&AFFID=9hoyiVMJXzw-oVfHWSZzgxU8Owip1_JrFQ&pvid=781740704ab346e8992bf9f3ef8bf13d&jp_cmp=cc/1179626/aff/3-10004197/na

Man thats a good suggestion - I will check it out because I’ve been disappointed in Marriot lately.  They keep down grading me.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, meangreenfaninno said:

Man thats a good suggestion - I will check it out because I’ve been disappointed in Marriot lately.  They keep down grading me.

Good to know, Marriott is my most recent acquisition but I'm trying to be strategic with the points. Seems like I will have to use them on weeknights or in BFE if I want to get more than 2-3 free nights with 60k points.