LeBron being his usual jackass

1 hour ago, Coffee and TV said:

No one said he was a bad guy. What he does for the community and for people is great. However, most of the time when he opens his mouth in public, it usually comes from an ununiformed place and he ends up putting his foot in his mouth.  He's already had to back track and clarify the comments he made regarding Brittany Griner: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lebron-james-clarifies-comment-on-brittney-griners-russian-detention-wasnt-knocking-our-beautiful-country/ and to this day is still being criticized for choosing money and China over human rights, meanwhile having no problem addressing the human rights issues we have in this country: https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-lebron-james-chose-his-850-million-net-worth-over-human-rights-in-china-stance-a-look-into-lakers-stars-hypocrisy-as-3rd-anniversary-of-moreys-statement/. He's a hypocrite when picking and choosing the battles he voices in public and it comes off as ignorant. 

• Upvote 4

Lebron's activism coupled with his silence on China tells me all I need to know about him.  Has he done some good things?  Absolutely, but ignoring China along with the rest of the NBA is hypocrisy at it's finest.

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 2

6 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

You can do good things and still be an ass.  I think LeBron is doing a stellar job of proving that to be true.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 2

19 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

No one said he was a bad guy.

So Jackass is a compliment in this case? 

it usually comes from an ununiformed place and he ends up putting his foot in his mouth. 

In your opinion. I don't pay much attention to what he has to say, I don't even follow the NBA but I think he's on point with some of the stuff I've heard him speak out about. 

He's already had to back track and clarify the comments he made regarding Brittany Griner: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lebron-james-clarifies-comment-on-brittney-griners-russian-detention-wasnt-knocking-our-beautiful-country/ 

Clarified, but backtrack is not an accurate description. 

and to this day is still being criticized for choosing money and China over human rights, meanwhile having no problem addressing the human rights issues we have in this country: https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-lebron-james-chose-his-850-million-net-worth-over-human-rights-in-china-stance-a-look-into-lakers-stars-hypocrisy-as-3rd-anniversary-of-moreys-statement/.

Oh please. So when you bought that TV from China did you choose money over human rights as well? Crazy that an America citizen would speak out about issues in his own country where he can actually donate, vote, and be involved in the Democratic process as opposed to one he's not. Funny how in the same paragraph you call him a jackass for speaking out about things he's "uninformed" about, yet you also criticize him for not speaking out about something he's probably uninformed about. 

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 4

18 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Lebron's activism coupled with his silence on China tells me all I need to know about him.  Has he done some good things?  Absolutely, but ignoring China along with the rest of the NBA is hypocrisy at it's finest.

But you'll ignore that Trump did business with China for decades and never said a word until he ran for president? You have a higher standard for Lebron here? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

5 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

So Jackass is a compliment in this case? 

Not a compliment but apt 

In your opinion. I don't pay much attention to what he has to say, I don't even follow the NBA but I think he's on point with some of the stuff I've heard him speak out about. 

Keyword. There are plenty of things he puts his foot in his mouth about. 

Clarified, but backtrack is not an accurate description. 

Fair enough, but still another foot in mouth moment

Oh please. So when you bought that TV from China did you choose money over human rights as well? Crazy that an America citizen would speak out about issues in his own country where he can actually donate, vote, and be involved in the Democratic process as opposed to one he's not. Funny how in the same paragraph you call him a jackass for speaking out about things he's "uninformed" about, yet you also criticize him for not speaking out about something he's probably uninformed about. 

Am I profiting from keeping my mouth shut on issues in China like LeBron? He's a global superstar, he could have influence in China if he wanted to, even just bringing attention to it which he went out of his way not to do. Its not a difficult issue for him to learn about. A simple Google search brings up many of the human rights issues China has violated with proof and evidence. Most of the time, he simply opens his mouth for the sake of saying something when it's clear he has no idea what he's talking about. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

Ah yes, great counter argument. When someone calls out my hypocrisy using the guy I voted for I hit them with a meaningless insulting meme like a child. 

This thread was about LJ and you felt as you usually do to add Trump. Not all companies in China are bad but it is well know that the Nike plant in Laixi, Shandong province has long used forced/slave Uyghur laborers. But please, help me with an example where Trump called out someone who spoke up against what China was doing and defended China in their use of Slave Laborers, or maybe that's OK with you since you can't get the SJW recognition by supporting them and blame the evil Conservatives. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 3

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

This thread was about LJ and you felt as you usually do to add Trump.

And with good reason. If you weren't so horny to defend your friend you'd see that I brought him up to ask a very specific question: why is his mind decided about James on this stance but not others? Specifically the guy he voted for president who did business in the same country. 

Not all companies in China are bad but it is well know that the Nike plant in Laixi, Shandong province has long used forced/slave Uyghur laborers.

I mean Nike have a long history of using sweatshops in China and elsewhere, so does that make Michael Jordan a jackass if he remarks on Britney Griner but not China? Griner is taking money to play in a terrible country as well, so is she also a jackass? It goes back to my main point that Lebron is only a jackass because he criticizes the people or things you will gloriously defend, and because he doesn't speak up on things you wish he would. Which is weird because it's actually the Biden administration he's criticizing here, not America itself. 

But please, help me with an example where Trump called out someone who spoke up against what China was doing and defended China in their use of Slave Laborers, or maybe that's OK with you since you can't get the SJW recognition by supporting them and blame the evil Conservatives. 

word salad. 

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

2 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

And with good reason. If you weren't so horny to defend your friend you'd see that I brought him up to ask a very specific question: why is his mind decided about James on this stance but not others? Specifically the guy he voted for president who did business in the same country. 

Maybe because LJ was the one who jumped in when someone questions China's Human Rights issue and was worried about the impact

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 2

10 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

But you'll ignore that Trump did business with China for decades and never said a word until he ran for president? You have a higher standard for Lebron here? 

Why do you always defer to Trump? I know business dealings with China don’t bother you since your fellow Biden and his family that have brought “decency” back to the White House have a history of dealings with China and Russia along with another from your party bedding a Chinese spy, so why drag Trump back in to this?  Come on Jack. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

18 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

It's July. The only place I could possibly contribute is the conference shuffles and I'm kinda tired of those. 

Psssh. Weak. You could post how mad you are about the coach 800 times using mostly the same words or a link to every article you get a Google alert for even though there are already four threads about it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

50 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

It's July. The only place I could possibly contribute is the conference shuffles and I'm kinda tired of those. 

I just want to point out these conference shuffles are occurring under Biden. Yet another way he's destroyed our country. Never would have happened if Trump were still around.

I'm kidding.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I just want to point out these conference shuffles are occurring under Biden. Yet another way he's destroyed our country. Never would have happened if Trump were still around.

I'm kidding.

You gotta give Biden credit for NCAA Football coming back to the playstation then lol. 

• Haha 4