More Transfers?

Wag Tag

We should see a lot of decisions this week. To be able to participate in spring ball, which should be most of them, they need to commit this week. There should be some quick options once some of the players commit with the ones that decide to bail. It also looks like the TP has opened up players going cross country and signing with teams they never would of thought of in the past. A lot of players out of Florida going all over the country and these are not P5 schools. Left overs and players that bail at the last minute could be outstanding. Spring ball is a must to have an impact in the fall.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

@BillySee58I have a question maybe you could help me with. If we grab a guy out of the portal in May (like Tommy Bush last year), does he count toward the 2022 or 2023 scholarship limit?

In year’s past he could count towards either. If there were spots available in the previous class he could count there. Otherwise he would count towards the upcoming class.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

True, but the semester began last week.

Does it matter for late registration? Most kids are still uncommitted in the portal? Find it hard to believe Williams and Dart are not going to be in spring ball. Thanks

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Does it matter for late registration? Most kids are still uncommitted in the portal? Find it hard to believe Williams and Dart are not going to be in spring ball. Thanks

Is there any “signing day” for participants in the portal?  Seems to me the portal has removed any signing day deadlines that previously existed.  Seems to me that any player can leave at any time without any penalty anymore.

• Upvote 1

Unless we have a strong signing on Wednesday, the leaves will be > the arrivals.  I assume that it's the result of keeping Littrell another year.  I believe in Wren and hope that he has an ace up his sleeve.  He did get us in the AAC and I thought that we would see dividends from that this year.

• Upvote 2

On 1/29/2022 at 3:22 AM, GrayEagle said:

Unless we have a strong signing on Wednesday, the leaves will be > the arrivals.  I assume that it's the result of keeping Littrell another year.  I believe in Wren and hope that he has an ace up his sleeve.  He did get us in the AAC and I thought that we would see dividends from that this year.

I think we won’t sign many but mainly focus on guys that enter the portal after spring ball. 

• Upvote 1