‘22 DB Kobe Savage - Tyler JC

97and03

For all of the people who complain about not getting in early. Bottom line we are not to a point where players will not walk away if something even a little better comes along. I personally thought getting the AAC invite would lead to a bump in recruiting. Maybe Seth's status is hurting us more than we thought. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Patience.  Remember this from last year?

https://247sports.com/player/caleb-johnson-46100091/

That only happened because we were the only school that would let him play WR. Even with a depleted WR corps he didn't see much playing time. 

Maybe he'll be great, but we don't have Joel Filani coaching WR's anymore so I'm not expecting much

• Upvote 2

This is what I don't get.

1.  People bitch and complain about SL's recruiting.  He had to go out and build relationships with the THSFC's when he arrived because McCarney did nothing.  

2.  Recruiting has improved every year he has been here.

3.  This year's class is expected to be small because of the small senior class/number of people leaving/graduating.  This is a product of the Covid year and we have to find a way to balance the roster.

4.  People comment on SL's "status".  What is that?  He has two years remaining on his contract and the only people clamoring for his job are those on this board.  Even if next year is a make or break year, which it should be, how many other coaches are in the same position?  How many coaches will jump at the chance to move once the dominoes start falling next year like this year?  It is what it is and every program outside of Alabama, Georgia, Ohio St. and maybe Texas A&M are not immune to it.  

There are kids overlooked every year.  Ward from ICW and Fine are prime examples.  We have to find that one.  I also believe, just a hunch, a year in the system will help Ruder settle down and we will see why he was a 4-star recruit out of HS.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • RV 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

The "statistics" show improvement, but as the recruits have got better what has happened to our records?

The previous classes are the upperclassmen.  We are extremely young roster-wise and two deep wise.  The kids have grown up this year.  I expect great results next year, period.  The "growing up" time is over.

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • RV 1

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

The previous classes are the upperclassmen.  We are extremely young roster-wise and two deep wise.  The kids have grown up this year.  I expect great results next year, period.  The "growing up" time is over.

Much weaker schedule next year. We should win 7-8. Then I'm sure Wren will want to give Seth an extension.

• Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

16 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

This is what I don't get.

1.  People bitch and complain about SL's recruiting.  He had to go out and build relationships with the THSFC's when he arrived because McCarney did nothing.  

2.  Recruiting has improved every year he has been here.

3.  This year's class is expected to be small because of the small senior class/number of people leaving/graduating.  This is a product of the Covid year and we have to find a way to balance the roster.

4.  People comment on SL's "status".  What is that?  He has two years remaining on his contract and the only people clamoring for his job are those on this board.  Even if next year is a make or break year, which it should be, how many other coaches are in the same position?  How many coaches will jump at the chance to move once the dominoes start falling next year like this year?  It is what it is and every program outside of Alabama, Georgia, Ohio St. and maybe Texas A&M are not immune to it.  

There are kids overlooked every year.  Ward from ICW and Fine are prime examples.  We have to find that one.  I also believe, just a hunch, a year in the system will help Ruder settle down and we will see why he was a 4-star recruit out of HS.

At this point it's not about recruiting. It's about the coaching.

I don't trust this coaching/strength and conditioning staff to improve our players, regardless of how high their recruiting status is

It's all a huge what-if. We're now 3 seasons post Mason Fine, and we're still a medicore football team. Why is that if the recruiting is so much better? 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

4.  People comment on SL's "status".  What is that?  He has two years remaining on his contract and the only people clamoring for his job are those on this board.  ...

That is a reflection of our small fan base.    There's just not a whole bunch of us.   

I mean, where else would you expect to see North Texas football banter?

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

MGNation92...

9 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

At this point it's not about recruiting. It's about the coaching.

I don't trust this coaching/strength and conditioning staff to improve our players, regardless of how high their recruiting status is

It's all a huge what-if. We're now 3 seasons post Mason Fine, and we're still a medicore football team. Why is that if the recruiting is so much better? 

Also MGNation92...

50 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Another swing and miss by this "great recruiting" staff

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

That is a reflection of our small fan base.    There's just not a whole bunch of us.   

I mean, where else would you expect to see North Texas football banter?

My point was that the AD has been silent, which could mean anything at this point.  I don't think Baker is the type to play these out in public.

• Upvote 1
  • RV 1

16 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

My point was that the AD has been silent, which could mean anything at this point.  I don't think Baker is the type to play these out in public.

Gotcha.    Baker is a good one.   

Fortunately for Littrell, Baker has laid very low over the past few months when talking about him publicly.  He hasn't given Littrell the ol', "Seth Littrell is our football coach!!!" kiss-of-death.

• Upvote 1