Ravyon Crum in portal?

Jonnyeagle

1 hour ago, keith said:

Did he see any playing time?  Transition to college life can be difficult.  Going forward we need to focus on the portal and recruiting HS players that can play as true freshman.  Redshirt years should be a thing of the past.  

O-linemen are a whole different bag from skill positions.  You have to get them on an FBS strength and nutrition program and develop them.  Look at Alabama's 2-deep--they sign the best O-linemen in the country, but their 2-deep is mostly upperclassmen who have redshirted.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

O-linemen are a whole different bag from skill positions.  You have to get them on an FBS strength and nutrition program and develop them.  Look at Alabama's 2-deep--they sign the best O-linemen in the country, but their 2-deep is mostly upperclassmen who have redshirted.

Four Syllables…Alabama.  I get what you are saying, but we do not have the luxury that Alabama enjoys.  We do have a true freshman starting on the OL so it’s not out of the question. I’m just saying get them on the field. Either they have something or they find out they don’t and need work.  We should be promising parents that their sons will have a degree in 4 years.  

Edited by keith
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

I saw that. Id suspect several players will begin transferring whether or not Littrell is fired. Rather just fire him now and let the ones who wanna go get out now so the next HC can figure things out fast..but that wont happen

Yes.  Let them all enter the transfer portal MONTHS before finding out who the new head coach would be that could possibly keep them here in Denton.  Makes total sense. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, keith said:

Four Syllables…Alabama.  I get what you are saying, but we do not have the luxury that Alabama enjoys. 

Alabama is exactly my point.  We don't have the luxury to sign the kind of players to make nearly the kind of immediate impact that an Alabama commit would make, which makes development all the more crucial for us.

• Upvote 3