• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
LongJim

"Progressive" Democrats Bothered By Biden's Race and Age. Most Don't Care.

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I fear, regardless of who gets elected, the next four years will be worse when it comes to being divided. The Democrats who hate trump will continue to hate him and if they control the House they will try again, and again to impeach him. On the other side. I believe there are a lot of Republicans who will be hell bent on treating Biden, his family, and his staff, the same way they feel Trump has been treated. If the Republicans take the house I would be surprised if they do not attempt to impeach Biden.

Sadly, for our country, the proverbial Genie has been let out of the bottle and the bottle may have been cracked beyond immediate repair.

I have thoughts on how it will play out in November but I try not to comment too much on specific purely political happenings. 
I agree that things are way too divided. Normally crisis brings us together but this time it either widened the divides or at least makes them more evident.

• Upvote 2

Biden's "your not black enough if you vote for Trump" comment was just plain stupid.  If he's elected, Biden will be no more than a puppet with Pelosi, Schumer, etc., running our country.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Biden's "your not black enough if you vote for Trump" comment was just plain stupid.  If he's elected, Biden will be no more than a puppet with Pelosi, Schumer, etc., running our country.

Waiting to see how they will spin this. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I agree that Kavanaugh didn’t get due process but in a different way than you seem to mean it. There were a few days of testimony and a rushed approval and now the man has a lifetime appointment. 
Law enforcement, the media, and most importantly voters have months to scrutinize Biden’s past and current actions. Then millions of people get a say, not just 50 +1 like in the Senate confirmation process. 

Your absolutely correct on all of the above, but that’s the way it usually always is. .

We never seem to get to vet a life time appointee near enough most of the time.  But then we’ll turn around and re-elect a Grainger, Kennedy, Cornyn, or a Biden for a life time despite countless hiccups over the course of their careers.  

I’d suggest Mark Levin’s book on the history of the Supreme Court “Men In Black” for a good insight to how interesting and imperfect the choices have been over the years.

But as far as Kavanaugh goes...I’m not sure how much more blood they could have squeezed from that turnip.  They were down to digging through the man’s high school year book and guesstimating over what kids wrote in it for crying out loud.  It was becoming beyond ridiculous imo.

Rick

• Upvote 2

On 5/3/2020 at 5:17 PM, Coffee and TV said:

I love conservatives crying double standard when their party leader is on tape literally bragging about sexual assault only to be elected president 2 weeks later. 

Not that it makes a difference really, but at least he manned up and admitted it. Most people are willing to forgive and forget if you can admit a mistake, apologize, and move on. Which he did. Besides, his bragging was just that. No one, to my recollection, came forward and accused him of grabbing them by the p. Dems, on the other hand, will look you straight in the eye, point their finger at you and lie until the cows come home or until the truth comes out on a blue dress. Biden is a fake as anyone I've ever seen, as are most democrats. Just put them in front of any demographic and hear their dialect and vernacular change on cue. Pathetic.

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Your absolutely correct on all of the above, but that’s the way it usually always is. .

We never seem to get to vet a life time appointee near enough most of the time.  But then we’ll turn around and re-elect a Grainger, Kennedy, Cornyn, or a Biden for a life time despite countless hiccups over the course of their careers.  

I’d suggest Mark Levin’s book on the history of the Supreme Court “Men In Black” for a good insight to how interesting and imperfect the choices have been over the years.

But as far as Kavanaugh goes...I’m not sure how much more blood they could have squeezed from that turnip.  They were down to digging through the man’s high school year book and guesstimating over what kids wrote in it for crying out loud.  It was becoming beyond ridiculous imo.

Rick

I think we are mostly on the same page here. I think a Supreme Court Justice is one of the most important positions that protect our rights and American democracy. Much more important than a congressman - and we can get rid of a bad one of those. I hate that the appointment process for judges has become such a partisan shit show. 

• Upvote 2