• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Harry

UNT lands Shakeem Alcindor

Wow! Any relation to Lew, aka Kareem Abdul-Jabbar? Looks like he could be a nice addition but could use a few more pounds.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Scouting report:

1.2017 SHAKEEM ALCINDOR, 6-6, FORWARD, (USVI/Educational Complex)

Where did Alcindor come from? He was not even mentioned as one of the twelve best players last year. Boy did he make an impactlast season!  Alcindor used his size and athleticism to help Educational Complex to the St. Croix Interscholastic championship and saved his impact for the Annual All Virgin Islands Hoop Classic. Thebig man altered and blocked many shots while pouring in 16 points and eight rebounds on his way to an MVP of the Sun Stroke game.  He is good in the low post, has an excellent medium range jump shot and should be the best big man in the territory this upcoming season.  His play above the rim is inspiring and he even has the nerve to dunk on people if they don't put a body on him.

link:  https://www.d1nation.com/news_article/show/698734

7 hours ago, greenjoe said:

“I’m sorry son.  You must have me confused with someone else.  I’m Roger Murdock.  I’m the co-pilot.”

Related image

• Haha 4

even if he's fit, I wouldn't anticipate his playing too much the rest of the way. doesn't quite seem ready...he's 25 minutes of college basketball experience and has collected 7 points.

and 9 fouls. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/31/2018 at 12:59 PM, Coach Andy Mac said:

Has anyone heard if Shakeem will be back this season?  I knew he was injured.

My guess is we are redshirting him. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ttunt1970 said:

Billy See

Does basketball redshirt work like football being able to play x% anytime during season. 

Nope. That rule is exclusive to football at the moment.