Seth litrell

mgfan

Good coach, yes.... Great coach???? Meh

What is his record this year agianst teams above .500 ( seriously, I'm wondering)

Defense is bad, his hire, on him. 

He has been blown out 4  times this year.(SMU, FAU x2, Troy)

I am not completely sold in him yet. 

Down 27-50 goes for a field. Gotta keep that offensive average up, just like at fau. What a joke. 

Edited by mgfan
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 13

Just now, mgfan said:

Good coach, yes.... Great coach???? Meh

What is his record this year agianst teams above .500 ( seriously, I'm wondering)

Defense is bad, his hire, on him. 

He has been blown out 3 times this year.

I believe they did a tremendous job getting this very young team to win as many games as they did this year.  The key is the same as any staff ... can they recruit well enough to keep improving the talent.  

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I believe they did a tremendous job getting this very young team to win as many games as they did this year.  The key is the same as any staff ... can they recruit well enough to keep improving the talent.  

I gues we will see what 1 million dollars can recruit. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

if he gets rid of the DC, then I will not bash him or Wren.  If the DC stays...then may as well call this Old Denton again and not hold people accountable.  This is the same staff that got rid of Tommy Perry who did a good job on and off the field.  Surely the DC won't survive this.  And don't get rid of the corners coach as a scapegoat and keep the DC.  Those safeties did a bad job, and were not in the right position. And the talent use to be there at those positions.  They are playing WORSE with Ref and his scheme.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, NorthTexan95 said:

We were 3-5 versus teams that finished above .500.

We beat UAB, USM, and UTSA.

We loss to  SMU, Iowa, FAU twice, and Troy.

Every one of those teams is better than us.

SMU sans Sutton is a close match.

Troy is better.

FAU is much better.

Gotta' get better/faster players if to compete, but I'm not sure if we're getting the necessary recruits.  If not, that falls back on the coaches.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, GOMG2013 said:

if he gets rid of the DC, then I will not bash him or Wren.  If the DC stays...then may as well call this Old Denton again and not hold people accountable.  This is the same staff that got rid of Tommy Perry who did a good job on and off the field.  Surely the DC won't survive this.  And don't get rid of the corners coach as a scapegoat and keep the DC.  Those safeties did a bad job, and were not in the right position. And the talent use to be there at those positions.  They are playing WORSE with Ref and his scheme.

A minor snag in this plan is that there has to be a better coach that wants to come here.   I agree that getting rid of Perry might not have been a good decision.

Edited by meaniegreenie
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

A minor snag in this plan is that there has to be a better coach that wants to come here. 

Hire the Troy DC and his staff.. open up the pocketbooks and do it.. Use this as a chance to pitch to students about the need for the increase.. Donors pay the salaries, students pay for student athletes improvements..

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

Hire the Troy DC and his staff.. open up the pocketbooks and do it.. Use this as a chance to pitch to students about the need for the increase.. Donors pay the salaries, we pay for student athletes improvements..

I don't think we're in a position to do that.  We'd probably need to add another $50k to our D.C.'s salary to even have a shot.

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

Hire the Troy DC and his staff.. open up the pocketbooks and do it.. Use this as a chance to pitch to students about the need for the increase.. Donors pay the salaries, we pay for student athletes improvements..

Yeah, I hope we do throw some more money at this and can get some improvements on the defensive side.

Troy has a good defensive coordinator. Hopefully Seth is going to talk him into joining the Mean Green staff before the team leaves New Orleans. While we are at it, take their O-Line coach too.

I'm tired of watching Ref's terrible defense. Ref need to go.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, GOMG2013 said:

Hadn’t taken into account the letting go of/break up with Perry.. but if anything it just adds to the case that Reff needs to be replaced.. 

The question is who is left out there for us to bring in? And who are the coaches that will be gone similar to the rash of departures we offered last year..

4 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I don't think we're in a position to do that.  We'd probably need to add another $50k to our D.C.'s salary to even have a shot.

Winning costs money, and if the school wants to show commitment and progress something needs to be done.. UNT needs to do something to change the outlook of the offseason following the last 2 beat downs we have suffered.. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, mgfan said:

Seriously?!? He won 9 freakin Games! We won 1 game 2 years ago. Did you hit your head? He’s an offensive guy, not defensive! He can find another defensive guy so why don’t you take a deep step away from the edge of the cliff. Am I thrilled with today’s ending, F NO. I paid to come all the way to NOLA but by no means am I ready to doubt this team. You realize how young this team is? A lot could of gone Wrong this season but it didn’t.  Did it end like we all hoped? No. Keep on Livin and GO Mean Green!

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2