Seth litrell

mgfan

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Dang.  It really sucks that we’re only a “6-6 team that lucked into 9 wins”.   I guess we should all put our expectations back in perspective & only look forward to finishing back where we belong at 5-7 wins next season.  Unless we can parlay our “luck” into another 9 wins next year?  ...nah, probably not.  If I’ve learned anything over the past 17 years of watching Mean Green football, it’s that we’re not that “lucky”

Thank you Troy for pants-ing our team & fanbase & letting everyone see us for what we are... “lucky”.

/sarcasm

Dare any of y’all to say any of that to Littrell’s face.  So myopic.  This was a fantastic season.

Truth:  We got handled by a top 25 team in-disguise as a ‘lowly’ SBC champ.  For those of you who beat the drum of “nothing to gainin this game, you/we were absolutely right.  We win, “oh wow, you beat Troy, big deal” (when, in fact, it would be a big deal).  We lose, “you lost to a SBC school?  Must have been ‘lucky’ to get to 9 wins.

We got beat by a team without their top 2 WRs, best CB, and RB.

The Troy team we got pounded by was not the same team that beat LSU

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, untbowler said:

We got beat by a team without their top 2 WRs, best CB, and RB.

The Troy team we got pounded by was not the same team that beat LSU

And we were obviously hamstrung without Wilson...   We doing excuses now?  

It happened.  Not much we can do about it now.

But bagging on the team by calling their success/hard work “lucky” is not something I’ll be doing.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mgfan said:

Good coach, yes.... Great coach???? Meh

What is his record this year agianst teams above .500 ( seriously, I'm wondering)

Defense is bad, his hire, on him. 

He has been blown out 4  times this year.(SMU, FAU x2, Troy)

I am not completely sold in him yet. 

Down 27-50 goes for a field. Gotta keep that offensive average up, just like at fau. What a joke. 

How many wins did you predict this year?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Reff is our highest paid assistant.  The DC salary is fine.

I was responding to call's to hire Troy's D.C.  He makes $20k a year more than Reffett, he lives in an area where the cost of living is (I assume) substantially lower, and it will probably take significantly extra dollars to pry him away from what is obviously a good situation.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Reff is our highest paid assistant.  The DC salary is fine.

not sure the rest of college football cares who our highest paid assistants are, but more what the market is and we far behind the majority of college ball UNT is. 

4 hours ago, mgfan said:

Down 27-50 goes for a field. Gotta keep that offensive average up, just like at fau. What a joke. 

At least get your facts right. When we went for the field goal in the 3rd quarter we were down 36-20. The field goal put us in a position to score two TD's and with the PAT's we would be ahead.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Anthro1999 said:

Let's see how his staff recruits linemen this off-season, we need to win some recruiting battles against some of these other programs for physical linemen...Troy's linemen looked much more physical on both sides of the ball, need to recruit more physical players

We have like 4 spots left in this class. 

3 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

So this was a 6-6 team that ended up with 9 wins.  Do they call that coaching?

I'll give you thee middle of the road answer:

Yes that is to some degree coaching, as you can have your players be prepared for the pressure and you can plan and have good clock management etc. But even the best coaches can't consistently win all the close games like UNT did this season. That is indeed unsustainable, because eventually a ball falls the wrong way, an opposing player comes up with a big play in a game ending spot etc. To me this feels more like a 7-5 team that overachieved than a 6-6 team that overachieved. That would be a 2 win improvement. Another improvement like that, and UNT would be "a real 9-3 team" (whatever that is supposed to mean) next season.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I let loose plenty of left handed words during the game today, but seriously, if you think any of our coaching staff or our players were anything but beyond expectations this year, I've got some waterless urinals in old Fouts where you can go take care of yourself. 

We have a bunch of whiny asses! I picked an optimistic 7-5.. 9- fring n 5 .. take a breath!  It is all about talent on the field! Improve it!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:

At least get your facts right. When we went for the field goal in the 3rd quarter we were down 36-20. The field goal put us in a position to score two TD's and with the PAT's we would be ahead.

The point is we wete getting blown out snd our D did nothing to stop them. Glad we got those 3 points!  

Thank God those 3 points put us in striking distance of 14 points behind. 

• Downvote 1