How does attendance look on TV?

Got5onIt

18 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

The kids wanted to go to NOLA. 

And they enjoyed it just like FAU both times, looking at the Snapchat stories of them out late at times.. next time let’s allow someone else to make the choice, because they can’t pick for crap!

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 5

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

You highly doubt NO was the only option for UNT during that run? Or you doubt fans only went because it was our superbowl?

I highly doubt that 15,000 UNT fans had plane tickets and hotel reservations for a bowl clash in Albuquerque with Colorado State, then canceled all travel plans when they learned that the destination was New Orleans to play the Sun Belt champion.  Fans who were willing and able to travel for a bowl game did so; those who weren't didn't.

• Upvote 1

It was a bad choice.  I called it from the beginning.  Yes, it is cool to give the players a reward.  But after a but kicking in the CUSA championship game, I am not sure how much I would have taken that into consideration.   I just don't believe in making decisions to reward a team that got thoroughly dominated in a G5 conference championship game.   Yes they had a good season and going to a bowl (ANY Bowl) is a reward for that.  As an AD I would have been looking for a game against the highest profile opponent we could get.   Losing to a SBC team that has more than one loss it not that.  If you started playing FBS football after 2000, I am not really interested in playing your team in a bowl game.  And if  you use to be in my conference for years I am definitely not interested.  It isn't special to play an opponent your fanbase saw in your stadium every other year for 10 years.  Also we have an all-time losing record against them 2-9 counting today I think.  Bad choice

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Just now, Cr1028 said:

In addition to graduation, etc, don’t underestimate the attendance hangover an bottomkicking at the hands of FAU can cause. I know after the first derrièrekicking our next home game attendance was way down, not unreasonable to expect the same after the second rumpkicking.

That is very likely a major factor.

39 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I highly doubt that 15,000 UNT fans had plane tickets and hotel reservations for a bowl clash in Albuquerque with Colorado State, then canceled all travel plans when they learned that the destination was New Orleans to play the Sun Belt champion.  Fans who were willing and able to travel for a bowl game did so; those who weren't didn't.

I know plenty of Alumni and students who didn’t go because of 1 thing.. the SBC and having no idea who Troy was (again not hating on Troy they did their part).. But this match should have and could have been done up better by UNT. 

Fans had no idea who/where Troy was.. Fans know who the heck Colorado State is..