Brett McMurphy says North Texas Lock for NOLA

TheReal_jayD

1 minute ago, Ryan Munthe said:

It’s just hilarious to me that we sit here and say #NewDenton when we chose to go back to the NO Bowl. Doesn’t get any more #OldDenton than that.

Shows how idiotic the #NewDenton campaign is though

We moved from one conference to another and both have a NO Bowl tie in.  Have far up the perception ladder do you think we should be?

It’s just hilarious to me that we sit here and say #NewDenton when we chose to go back to the NO Bowl. Doesn’t get any more #OldDenton than that.

you realize we played a Mountain West school and three Conference USA schools during that run, right? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

But playing Fresno in Albuquerque on the same day would be better?

I hope we somehow draw a B12 school or a P5 in the Indy or HOD , but if we don’t, then what? 

If both of us lose our CCG's, I think so, yes.   That would pit C-USA runner-up VS MWC runner-up.   And I still believe there is a perception, nationally, that the MWC is better than the SBC.   Both Troy & FresnoSt are getting Top25 votes.

• Lovely Take 1

#NewDenton playing in the same bowl game as #OldDenton

Truly brilliant!

Right.  No new stadium.  No new coach.  7 wins with maybe 1 OOC win and a pasting at the hands of the future national champion

If this single bowl game is your metric for comparison, this back and forth is pointless.  You're way off base.  This is #NewDenton and it is only getting better.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, greenminer said:

Right.  No new stadium.  No new coach.  7 wins with maybe 1 OOC win and a pasting at the hands of the future national champion

If this single bowl game is your metric for comparison, this back and forth is pointless.  You're way off base.  This is #NewDenton and it is only getting better.

just a bunch of entitled kids with no sense of history...or reality.

#justdentonandshutup

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, greenminer said:

The most successful UNT season in...how long?

And we’re rewarded with a trip to New Orleans to play Troy State on the ocho.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Censored by Laurie said:

by yelling on a message board? by refusing to show up to a bowl game because it's beneath you? 

all because you don't get how the process works? 

It’s like you don’t get I’m defending our history, pointing out the stupidity of our current marketing campaign while also pointing out how futile the life of a G5 team is.

I definitely understand the process. Don’t you remember 90’s conspiracy theory about me? LOL

Edited by Ryan Munthe

15 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

I'm pretty sure the term #oldDenton is associated with failure and being unproductive.  

I wasn't even close to following UNT in the early 2000s, but to associate going to 4 straight bowls, (even if it is the New Orleans bowl), as the "olddenton" the term was referring to...is just...

Edited by GOMG2013
  • Downvote 1

Just now, GOMG2013 said:

I'm pretty sure the term #oldDenton is associated with failure and being unproductive.  

I wasn't even close to following UNT in the early 2000s, but to associate going to 4 straight bowls, even if it is the New Orleans bowl, as the "olddenton" the term was referring to is just...

just the old ways of doing things in Denton? Like going to the NO Bowl?

It’s like you don’t get I’m defending our history, pointing out the stupidity of our current marketing campaign while also pointing out how futile the life of a G5 team is.

if you're doing satire, you're pretty bad at it. 

log off, grab some Swift from the local library and take some notes

• Downvote 1