DRC: Prediction -- UNT will bounce back, beat ODU

Brett Vito

15 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Don't let the 2-5 record fool you.   They were without their superstar RB for most of those games.

Yes yes I know.  And they played WKU tough too.  Just saying, if we want to be conference champs I hope we could handle them better than a touchdown. After last weekend it might not be a crazy expectation.

11 hours ago, tmjerm said:

Yes yes I know.  And they played WKU tough too.  Just saying, if we want to be conference champs I hope we could handle them better than a touchdown. After last weekend it might not be a crazy expectation.

I watched that WKU/ODU on CBSSN last weekend & my first thoughts after the game was:  Uh oh.😳

➡️ This will not be an easy game.  Our defense has to show up or we will all leave Apogee very disappointed.   They need to play with wreckless abandon & swarm to the ball as if there is no tomorrow.  

Our fans really need to show up & be loud, especially on 3'rd downs.  

When the stadium announcer or graphic says "get loud" the

🗣vocal cords are much more effective than 

👏clapping hands.  

Just sayin'.

GMG.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I think we win here, but it'll be a high scoring game--probably a lot like the UAB game. 

Our defense is just bad--and that is at its best. At its FAU/SMU worst, its as bad as a Dodge defense was.

What I do think, though, is that Fine and Co. will score enough points to win this thing, even duplicating the last two home games by winning in the last few seconds again.

I'll say this--a loss here probably confirms that the West is just way down and that nobody is really any good over here. There's a decent chance that our wins at the end of the year could very well be Lamar and CUSA West teams only. Now, assuming we beat UTEP and Rice, two absolute dregs of college football, it gets you 6 wins and a bowl berth, which is what almost everyone on gmg.com listed as the expectation for this season with this easy schedule. But I want nothing to do with having to win our last game at Rice to go bowling...the UTEP memory from last season, in the exact same scenario, has not gone away.

22 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I think we win here, but it'll be a high scoring game--probably a lot like the UAB game. 

Our defense is just bad--and that is at its best. At its FAU/SMU worst, its as bad as a Dodge defense was.

Our defense has 2 from the DL that have been MIA all season.  Obviously, 2 key players that some of you during 2-a-days said were future stars.  Probably a terrible comparison, but what would our 1968 defense have looked like without Joe Greene & Cedrick Hardman--2 NFL #1 draft choices.  (Please Lord take us back to the good ol' days).😇

2 or 3 key players off our 2017 defense can be devastating & it has been just that.

After watching ODU almost beat WKU last weekend this game today worries the hell out of me.  If we lose it puts our season into a total psychological tailspin that I'm not sure we overcome this season.  (Probably over-reacting)?🤔😌

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen