On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:43 AM, MeanGreenMailbox said:

No, I understand your opinion well:  you object to Liberty on academic grounds; the rest of us object on athletic grounds.

And...some of us do not object on either grounds.  IT IS A FOOTBALL GAME PEOPLE.  Stop trying to make it out to be more than it is in fact...a football game.

Plus...why we still talking about this?  It is a done deal. Game on...come or don't come.  This is just another "unique" excuse that so-called UNT fans can come up with for not supporting THEIR team and Their University.

Also, let me make this perfectly clear...I am in no way saying GTWT won't be coming to the game. He has not indicated one way or the other in his posts as far as I recall.  And, he is welcome to his opinions on the matter.  I just personally think this is a prime example of misplaced indignation over absolutely zero.  But, then that is my opinion.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

And...some of us do not object on either grounds.  IT IS A FOOTBALL GAME PEOPLE.  Stop trying to make it out to be more than it is in fact...a football game.

Plus...why we still talking about this?  It is a done deal. Game on...come or don't come.  This is just another "unique" excuse that so-called UNT fans can come up with for not supporting THEIR team and Their University.

Also, let me make this perfectly clear...I am in no way saying GTWT won't be coming to the game. He has not indicated one way or the other in his posts as far as I recall.  And, he is welcome to his opinions on the matter.  I just personally think this is a prime example of misplaced indignation over absolutely zero.  But, then that is my opinion.

We're talking about our athletic department and how it would show we are going nowhere if we are in a league that continues to take start up and FCS call ups.

I could care less whether the Big Bang or Creation Theories are ever proven.  I'm only going to be alive another 30 or so years, God willing, because I do believe in God. 

But...
...in the realm of athletics, it doesn't build us up to be stuck in this horrible start up/FCS call up league that Britton Banowsky cobbled together before he left.  Creation vs. Big Bang has nothing to do with it for me.  

If the Sun Burp wants Liberty, that's fine.  But, can we just stave off this kind of sh*t for a little while longer before Texas and OU bolt the Big 12 and we're forced together with them anyway?  Why are we supposed to put the bullet in our own head?  If we're going to die, we should die with our boots on - if we're going to die. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 0:59 PM, KRAM1 said:

IT IS A FOOTBALL GAME PEOPLE

Athletics is UNT's window to the world.  I don't want to turn on ESPN and see "UNT 24 Liberty 21".  I'd much rather see "UNT 38 Army 32". 

I am in no way saying GTWT won't be coming to the game.

I won't be.  In fact I'm rethinking my relationship to my alma mater.  I know this seems to many of you like I'm vastly  over-reacting.  However, to me this is a big deal.  To me the people behind Liberty are to mainstream Christianity what the Taliban are to mainstream Islam. 

I'm going to stay off this site for awhile.  Life's too short to spend it banging one's head against a wall.  Have fun in the coming season.

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 7

I know there are some that are against playing Liberty but these announcements were just made:

Interesting that there are games being scheduled out as far as 2030!

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...