Facilities tour by Leadership

GMG24

57 minutes ago, UNT Mean Green said:

School visits look like Liberty, Marshall, Miami (Ohio), Colorado, Oklahoma State, and Texas...

Confirmed

https://mobile.twitter.com/wrenbaker/status/833527586449977344

Miami Ohio looks incredible (far superior to UNT):

http://miami-redesign.imodules.com/s/500916/gradchamps/interior.aspx?sid=500916&gid=1&pgid=8287

I'm assuming that this is the locker room?

Hoping that this is what the upgrade that the Football Locker-room that is on going will look like once its finished.

6 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I'm assuming that this is the locker room?

Hoping that this is what the upgrade that the Football Locker-room that is on going will look like once its finished.

My apologies. If you click on that image of what is the player lounge it's a full Flickr slideshow.

Also there's a YouTube video in my post that shows this new football and athletics operations facility on 2/1/17. Apparently Miami is still moving into this, and their indoor practice facility was completed in 2015. Both look like VERY impressive facilities (G5 or P5 level). 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, TheWestie said:

So we've gone from driving the Buick to flying the plane in just around 10 years. Nice.

Correct.  I like the analogy that Baker is flying the plane.  With the recent announcement of plans for an indoor facility, the tour they just completed and the mess he inherited from RV, I am pleased that he is taking his time, evaluating, and determining what can be done and in what order.  The most difficult part is being patient.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Correct.  I like the analogy that Baker is flying the plane.  With the recent announcement of plans for an indoor facility, the tour they just completed and the mess he inherited from RV, I am pleased that he is taking his time, evaluating, and determining what can be done and in what order.  The most difficult part is being patient.

Mama said patience is a virtue. Sometimes we can even learn from our pets:

200w.gif#22

• Upvote 3

Before we spend the money, shouldn't we take hard look at whether, in north Texas, we really need an indoor facility?  How many days of inclement weather do we really have that prevents the team from practicing?  One, every few years, probably.

I think this is an, "everyone else has one, so we want one, too" thing. I'd rather see them raise millions for the coaching staff salaries - head coach and on down - than on a facility that isn't really needed.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 14

25 minutes ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Before we spend the money, shouldn't we take hard look at whether, in north Texas, we really need an indoor facility?  How many days of inclement weather do we really have that prevents the team from practicing?  One, every few years, probably.

I think this is an, "everyone else has one, so we want one, too" thing. I'd rather see them raise millions for the coaching staff salaries - head coach and on down - than on a facility that isn't really needed.

It will also help during the summer when it is around 10000000000 degrees outside (at least it feels that way)

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, greenminer said:

So glad we have our own private jet!

hqdefault.jpg

??. Plane owned by donor interested in sizesble donations to a multi-sport indoor practice facility (yes, it will be multi-sport) and baseball when the time comes.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

I'm still trying to understand why they flew across country when all they needed to see is a 3 to 4 hour drive? 

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 12

9 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

I'm still trying to understand why they flew across country when all they needed to see is a 3 to 4 hour drive? 

Rick

I am sure they know generally what we are planning to build and the chosen institutions have facilities that are similar to what we aspire to build. If we are going to build a facility then we need to expend the time and energy it takes to get it right.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

I am sure they know generally what we are planning to build and the chosen institutions have facilities that are similar to what we aspire to build. If we are going to build a facility then we need to expend the time and energy it takes to get it right.

Other institutions like Liberty?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

9 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

Yup...and click on the video at the bottom and listen to Liberty's AD say where they visited to get the idea to build it.   Hat tip to the M&G.

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?PID=33357

LOL!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Downvote 6

5 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Yup...and click on the video at the bottom and listen to Liberty's AD say where they visited to get the idea to build it.

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?PID=33357

LOL!

Rick

I guess they decided liberty took the best of Baylor, A&M, and Texas and condensed it to one trip. Looks like it took about 2 years from inception to complete. I like the facility although I haven't seen the cost.