Who are we pulling for today?

Harry

8 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Couple of early injuries for Navy is killing them. Looks like Armed Forces Bowl for them...

Although they were already down 21-0 when Worth went down and he's their biggest offensive weapon. Just bringing it up because I don't want people who didn't watch the game to get the wrong impression and think that's why they lost.

• Upvote 1

image.png

Rick

9 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Although they were already down 21-0 when Worth went down and he's their biggest offensive weapon. Just bringing it up because I don't want people who didn't watch the game to get the wrong impression and think that's why they lost.

It'll be partly why.  Mostly due to a top ranked defense and damn good coaching.

Rick

7 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Thoughts on if we would/could sale out Apogee for a Championship game?

It would depend on how the season went.  If we limped in ie 2013 and lost all of our out of conference winnable games no.  If we had a really good team it could be close.  The timing of it being so close to finals and the holidays does make it a challenge for anyone though.  I don't recall the C-USA championship games being real well attended even back when TCU was in there.

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

It would depend on how the season went.  If we limped in ie 2013 and lost all of our out of conference winnable games no.  If we had a really good team it could be close.  The timing of it being so close to finals and the holidays does make it a challenge for anyone though.  I don't recall the C-USA championship games being real well attended even back when TCU was in there.

That was before anyone really cared about TCU football, though.  I think a championship game at home would have a draw similar to the HoD draw and would sell out.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Wow - Temple is curb stomping Navy 21-0 with most of the 2nd quarter left... perhaps Navy is not as good as we thunk or Temple is really good. 

Navy lost, La Tech lost, WMU won. Looks to me La Tech to HOD bowl and us vs. Navy in the AFB.

• Upvote 1

I think HOD wants us and the free marketing we get at the Omni and reunion tower in smu's backyard will be sweet.  Add in the tribute get an opponent who will bring fans and hang you have a winners. My hope is we draw 45k plus for this bowl visiting fans and us total.  Great for charity and opportunity to play near major amounts of alumni who won't drive to Denton. 

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Real question is... If/When UNT gets to the C-USA Championship game... do we sale out the entire stadium???

Reported crowd of 13,213 at WKU.  

I wonder how this program is so successful with as little support as they seem to have.    It was reported a few years ago that they were the most supplemented program in the country with about 60% of their funding coming from the general fund.   Just wonder how they have the political pull to spend the money they do.