NEW HELMETS!!!!

TheReal_jayD

Funny thing.  I bet if I were to go digging around thread three or four years ago, I'd find a bunch of pictures of other teams using chrome helmets and our fanbase up in arms that we couldn't be like them.  

While I honestly reside firmly in the camp of "I really don't care" when it comes to uniforms, I'll give props to this current staff for trying to shake things up a bit. 

Who knows what current uniform contract we might still be under?  

And finally, I don't remember the last time I saw that Gawdforsaken "NORTH TEXAS" on the side of the helmet, so we always got that going for us. 

• Upvote 3

On 11/19/2016 at 8:53 PM, Mike Jackson said:

without a black helmets. I would like more use of silver in place of black.

The player should loved the helmets, and that's what matters. Put these helmets in the que for the future, and hopefully we will debut some new kids with new uniforms next September.

On 11/19/2016 at 8:37 PM, GreenN'walinsVet said:

I would really like to see us use this wing pattern on all of our helmets.  Looks much better than the whole SOW on the helmet

Amen.  Undersized SOW on helmet looks like they went to the bookstore and bought up all the SOW bumper stickers and slapped them on the helmets.

• Upvote 2

These helmets were awesome and long overdue. 

If there is a way, I'd go for a thin white trim around the SOW when we use it with white unis, and black trimmed if we use it with black unis.  Would give an already great helmet a little bit more pop on the logo.

Would also love to see this logo on an old Dallas Cowboy/Oakland Raider-type silver helmet.  Kind of that flat silver:

harvey_martin_1979_09_17.jpg0131ad8fb856b5550961a71f260e751e.jpg