Its bigger than you think..

TheReal_jayD

2 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

I think Baker and Littrell know this and will hopefully work on it accordingly. 

Agreed. I talked to a guy that works for the ATH Dept before the season and I asked the question about the potential Uniform change and his response was "Littrell's main focus is about winning and he will worry about Uniforms later"

I totally agree with that statement and he's done a pretty damn good job with turning around this program. I wonder who has the majority say in the matter of uniforms? Littrell or Baker or is it a mutual decision?

2 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Agreed. I talked to a guy that works for the ATH Dept before the season and I asked the question about the potential Uniform change and his response was "Littrell's main focus is about winning and he will worry about Uniforms later"

I totally agree with that statement and he's done a pretty damn good job with turning around this program. I wonder who has the majority say in the matter of uniforms? Littrell or Baker or is it a mutual decision?

I am glad he is concerned on winning. That should be most important obviously. But in a way i feel recruiting and winning go hand in hand. Seth has proved him and co. can win with a sub par roster. If jerseys could spark up recruiting that would be great also. I believe if Seth and co could get some playmakers in here they could really make waves. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I know in recent history Georgia did a "Blackout" game and it was the first and was a major success.. another that UNT could do is "money suit" and it be green.. white as they call it "ice out"... and many others.. think it would be cool if UNT somewhat got into the uniform business like Oregon 

UNT did a "black out" on Halloween a few years ago, complete with new uni debut, and it was the best atmosphere for a UNT sporting event I've been to (excluding HOD). Maybe the fact that it was Halloween had something to do with it but it was great. Then we all went to Fry after and got wild. I don't know why every program doesn't do these once a year.

6 minutes ago, Graddean said:

Sure working out for Oregon this ear.  Isn't it?

In regards to recruiting? Yes it does. Now if they don't play good, that's on the coaches. But in terms of getting great recruiting classes.. it absolutely works. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Based on the uni combos displayed as they are for recruit visits, it"s clear that Littrell recognizes the importance of this aspect of a program in terms of it"s appeal to today"s youth.  The weekly tweets announcing the upcoming attire seems to serve as additional evidence that it"s not being overlooked.

With a new AD assessing the department's budget and a current uniform set that no one is a big fan of (at least, according to this forum), it seems best to allow Wren to figure out where there is or isn't room to make uniform adjustments and - rather than spending money on a one-off alternate right now - wait to determine what room there may be financially to make more sweeping changes down the road.

5 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

UNT did a "black out" on Halloween a few years ago, complete with new uni debut, and it was the best atmosphere for a UNT sporting event I've been to (excluding HOD). Maybe the fact that it was Halloween had something to do with it but it was great. Then we all went to Fry after and got wild. I don't know why every program doesn't do these once a year.

In regards to recruiting? Yes it does. Now if they don't play good, that's on the coaches. But in terms of getting great recruiting classes.. it absolutely works. 

I do remember that game, and things like this get the players hyped up because its not a common thing.

UNT could even do things like an all black with red/white/blue like A&M does... Would even love to see them design one for Mean Joe instead of wearing the old school and they could wear it when they dedicate a statue to him..

On 11/16/2016 at 4:54 PM, BigDanTeague said:

Oregon isn't 3-7 because it has endless uniform combinations.

It's crazy to think they are not really considered as a premier program. The East bias probably has a lot to do with it, but they are 67-15 the previous 7 seasons before this one and they kind of get written off when they finally do have a down year. Think about that, they will likely have more than 50% of their combined losses over the last 7 years in this season alone. Can't say that uniforms only put them on the map, but one has to say it helped.