Not a good start - UNT down 14-0 on road

Harry

good god can the team quit making bone headed plays. Good grief.

Too many fumbles, stupid playcalling.

Harrell and Fine showing they are Freshmen and out of their league.

UTSA OC out coaching Harrell by a country mile.

Edited by untbowler
GRRR!!!
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

Just now, untbowler said:

good god can the team quit making bone headed plays. Good grief.

Too many fumbles, stupid playcalling.

There was zero offensive pass interference on that call right there! Not saying we have played well enough to win this game but that horrible call definitely kept us from having a chance. 

• Upvote 2

Fine, listening to announcers, can not hit his targets in crunch time.

Going to be a very disappointing loss. The defense choking after the FG to give UTSA a 3 TD lead.

-4 turnovers after 7 takeaways one week ago.

Frank Wilson just handed Littrell his ass tonight.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

Still don't understand why you run shotgun when you need a foot.  

....I've wondered this since 2007.

This was a horrible game all around.

MF's worst game to date but geez he was fast on that TD run..

Back to reality for the O line.

UTSA just out schemed and played us.  And when they needed a foot...under center they went.  Props to their team.  They had our number from the first series.

Our team never quit and that's a positive.

Good showing by our fans.

Eugene Levy-Scrappy was his usual statuesque like bland, blank self while Rowdy was roaming and entertaining the kids all over the place in his football jersey.

Thats one of the sorriest places to get into, park and get out of.  I was very dissapointed in the Alamodome.  I'd rather watch a game at Fouts.  Just a really lousy place to watch a game in.

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

....I've wondered this since 2007.

This was a horrible game all around.

MF's worst game to date but geez he was fast on that TD run..

Back to reality for the O line.

UTSA just out schemed and played us.  And when they needed a foot...under center they went.  Props to their team.  They had our number from the first series.

Our team never quit and that's a positive.

Good showing by our fans.

Eugene Levy-Scrappy was his usual statuesque like bland, blank self while Rowdy was roaming and entertaining the kids all over the place in his football jersey.

Thats one of the sorriest places to get into, park and get out of.  I was very dissapointed in the Alamodome.  I'd rather watch a game at Fouts.  Just a really lousy place to watch a game in.

Rick

I posted earlier about the parking..

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, THOR said:

The boys have still done way better than most thought they would this year.

THIS is the mentality that needs to be put to bed many many many many many moons ago. Please rest this kind of talk. We'll always be what we've always been until this stops. 

3 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

Losing to UTSA is NEVER acceptable, and I don't want to hear excuses.

This is the type of shit that is bearable to read. Have this mentality, people. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, JasoH said:

Harrell is not the answer as OC.  Horrible play calling the entire half.  He doesn't call a game plan that plays to Fine's strengths.  Fine should be hitting quick screens and slants to help open the run game.  Our offense starts slow in nearly every game and that's on our OC.  Fine is a concern as he struggles to find any rythm.

I underlined and bolded every part of your post that I agree with. From game 1, the general play calling (not to even bring up situational play calling), has been well below average. It falls on Littrell and Harrell both. Harrell needs to up his game a metric shit ton. And for the mf life of me, get a better goalline package front the 1 foot line. That is buttered up hot garbage bullshit and it should not be accepted. Put that ball in the end zone with the least resistance as possible. FB dive that bitch in there with Young or Moore or whoever. It was literally a foot, not a yard but a foot. A ball should not be brought away from the line to score 4-5 yards when the line to score is 12 inches away. Score on that play and it changes the entire dynamic of the game. I'm disgusted. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Hell you would think that Lettrell and Harrell took over a bowl team from last year. Have you guys heard of Chicken Little? 

Wilson didn't take over a bowl team either.

*UTSA has only played 5 full seasons of football in their entire history. Thanks to an embarrassing performance last night, we are now 1-3 against this new program.

*Littrell was hired before Wilson. Which means Littrell should have been able to land some of the freshman Wilson beat us with, including, Tauaefa, who was living 10 minutes from our campus.

*Wilson's staff doesn't make as much as Littrell's. Tonight we didn't get what we paid for.

*I'm not impressed with North Texas coaches that can't beat UTSA, and any North Texas fan that is needs to have their head examined.

I don't want to hear excuses. I don't want to hear that we need to get another week better. I don't want to hear how the player and coaches need to do a better job. We all know that. I want to hear coach Littrell say we won't lose to UTSA  next season, and figure out a way to make it happen.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 6

24 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

*UTSA has only played 5 full seasons of football in their entire history. Thanks to an embarrassing performance last night, we are now 1-3 against this new program.

*Littrell was hired before Wilson. Which means Littrell should have been able to land some of the freshman Wilson beat us with, including, Tauaefa, who was living 10 minutes from our campus.

*Wilson's staff doesn't make as much as Littrell's. Tonight we didn't get what we paid for.

*I'm not impressed with North Texas coaches that can't beat UTSA, and any North Texas fan that is needs to have their head examined.

I don't want to hear excuses. I don't want to hear that we need to get another week better. I don't want to hear how the player and coaches need to do a better job. We all know that. I want to hear coach Littrell say we won't lose to UTSA  next season, and figure out a way to make it happen.

Bravo! <applauding> 

People need to stand back from the excuse train. There is no need to board it. That is a game we should win. Mason Fine and Graham Harrell need a come to Jesus moment. Graham has been maybe the most underwhelming aspect of this entire season so far. He'll unfortunately get pass after pass for the same reason he got this job, because his name and hisfolklore status, but he needs his job examined because he's struggling and it's apparent. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Side Show Joe said:

Wow seems like UTSA lost to a winless team last week. Young team without a lot of depth.

7 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

Wow seems like UTSA lost to a winless team last week. Young team without a lot of depth.

Your exactly right. Has 1 Senior on defense (11 of the 13 players who rotate in and out are Freshmen and Sophmores) and 2 on offensive  (rb and ol) are Seniors. One thing I really like is Fine and Josiah are both Freshmen and we get to watch both grow and compete against each other for 3 more seasons.

1 hour ago, Side Show Joe said:

I agree with all this and not trying to make excuses but Tauaefa was recruited 2015 and redshirted last year. That strikes against the old staff.

Edited by brooks91
  • Upvote 1