Game Changing Play

GMG24

1 minute ago, GMG24 said:

I believe it was the fake punt that resulted in a first down, followed by Keena talking all sorts of smack to a dude who hit him late.  Which caused their bench to re-act and agitate our crowd and get them fired up.  All of this after they completely took all the wind out of Apogee's sails by running the 2nd half kickoff back for 6.  That is my vote, but I am willing to listen to others.  

Good call.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

I believe it was the fake punt that resulted in a first down, followed by Keena talking all sorts of smack to a dude who hit him late.  Which caused their bench to re-act and agitate our crowd and get them fired up.  All of this after they completely took all the wind out of Apogee's sails by running the 2nd half kickoff back for 6.  That is my vote, but I am willing to listen to others.  

Wasn't a fake punt play. Per press conf he saw the opening and just took it! Huge momentum change and the smack helped!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Wasn't a fake punt play. Per press conf he saw the opening and just took it! Huge momentum change and the smack helped!

I assumed as such, but figured for the good of the board that to call it a fake would mean the same to the majority on here.  However, thanks for clarifying. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The highlights, up on YouTube, clearly show a borderline late hit on Keena as he went out of bounds.  He jumped up in their face, benches cleared and when all was said and done, the referees decided our little ol' punter had been unsportsmanlike to their return team.

Love the look in Coach Litt's eyes when he talks about Fine.

I'm really impressed with the poise demonstrated by Mason Fine.  As a 19 (?) year old, he speaks with clarity and confidence. 

And with as many broadcast pros as there are at North Texas, it seems to me that somebody would get a microphone in front of the reporters asking questions. 

Great win.  Take a week off.  Beat Army

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 2

You guys may think I'm crazy but I firmly believe our students/recent alumni getting into the Marshall players' heads was huge contributor to the victory. Our folks were jawing at them until they jawed back and I think they couldn't focus on the game because they were so focused on the stands. Two Marshall players almost fought each other. We had grad assistants or inured players (not sure) making obscene gestures, we had players tellin the fans to come find them after the semester. I loved it. Huge home field advantage. I know, some will say to stay classy and not engage the players, I say if it helps us win a game like we did this Saturday, I'm all for it.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

You guys may think I'm crazy but I firmly believe our students/recent alumni getting into the Marshall players' heads was huge contributor to the victory. Our folks were jawing at them until they jawed back and I think they couldn't focus on the game because they were so focused on the stands. Two Marshall players almost fought each other. We had grad assistants or inured players (not sure) making obscene gestures, we had players tellin the fans to come find them after the semester. I loved it. Huge home field advantage. I know, some will say to stay classy and not engage the players, I say if it helps us win a game like we did this Saturday, I'm all for it.

Noticed their bench getting involved with our student side. My lady said it best after the game, I'm glad we beat that team because they were real mouthy.

• Upvote 1