The Wheeler hit was not intentional

Harry

BS. Once is an accident 2 times in 3 games is not. You may think cause we didn't score 60 on you that you won but your team took cheap little shots all game trying to prove to themselves they belong on the field with us. Pop Warner teaches you not to lower your head and launch at a knee. It may not have been his intent to hurt him but it was his intent to hit him low around the knee. I can only hope that the high school league you guys play in learns about this guy and makes a few of your players pay the same price. Luckily we took the high road and didn't retaliate. 

• Downvote 44

1 minute ago, Gatorbait said:

BS. Once is an accident 2 times in 3 games is not. You may think cause we didn't score 60 on you that you won but your team took cheap little shots all game trying to prove to themselves they belong on the field with us. Pop Warner teaches you not to lower your head and launch at a knee. It may not have been his intent to hurt him but it was his intent to hit him low around the knee. I can only hope that the high school league you guys play in learns about this guy and makes a few of your players pay the same price. Luckily we took the high road and didn't retaliate. 

Have you ever played a meaningful second of football in your life? You don't know what you're talking about.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, rcade said:

He was tripped. People who get tripped go low because that's how gravity works.

He wasn't tripped lol

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

So anytime a defender tries to tackle a running back or a receiver by the legs, that's dirty?

Sorry going low on a QB is widely considered dirty. That why this is get such a dramatic injury. That why it was a penalty 

• Downvote 14

25 minutes ago, Gatorbait said:

Did you see the tackle that injured the smu QB? Clearly not.  The hit on del Rio was nasty looking, but get out of here calling our team dirty and for retaliation on Wheeler.  

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Mean_Green09 said:

He wasn't tripped lol

Sorry going low on a QB is widely considered dirty. That why this is get such a dramatic injury. That why it was a penalty 

You are wrong.  First, If you bothered to read the rule you would see it says:

The rule specifically covers a scenario in which a quarterback is in a passing posture with one or both feet on the ground. In that situation, no defensive player rushing unabated can hit him forcibly at or below the knee. The defensive player also may not initiate a roll or lunge and forcibly hit the quarterback in the knee area or below.

Wheeler first makes contact with his shoulder to LDR's thigh, he is closer to his hip than he is his knee.  

Second, there are exception to the above rule:

Exceptions for these types of hits occur when:

• the passer becomes a runner, either inside or outside the tackle box;
  • the defender grabs or wraps the passer in an attempt to make a conventional tackle;
  • the defender is not rushing unabated or is blocked or fouled into the passer.

Wheeler tried to wrap up, even if he had hit him below the knee, it still shouldn't have been a flag.   He was also not unabated, he was in contact with a Florida player.

@Gatorbait I get that you guys have lost a lot of QB's to injury the last few years, but this was just bad luck.  

43 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

You are wrong.  First, If you bothered to read the rule you would see it says:

Wheeler first makes contact with his shoulder to LDR's thigh, he is closer to his hip than he is his knee.  

Second, there are exception to the above rule:

Wheeler tried to wrap up, even if he had hit him below the knee, it still shouldn't have been a flag.   He was also not unabated, he was in contact with a Florida player.

@Gatorbait I get that you guys have lost a lot of QB's to injury the last few years, but this was just bad luck.  

Of course I'm wrong on the rule. Dude I don't pay attention to the fucking rules. My stupidity needs to be banned for here so plz do it.

Im not wrong about him being tripped and he wasn't being touched while going for the hit. 

Again I guess I'm wrong. Please ban my dumb ass. 

Whats it going to be banned or deleted on this board? Plz take care of that for me. 

Edited by Mean_Green09
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 17

12 minutes ago, Mean_Green09 said:

Of course I'm wrong on the rule. Dude I don't pay attention to the fucking rules. My stupidity needs to be banned for here so plz do it.

Im not wrong about him being tripped and he wasn't being touched while going for the hit. 

Again I guess I'm wrong. Please ban my dumb ass

Untouched? Have you had your vision checked lately? Did you see Goolsby?

11 minutes ago, Mean_Green09 said:

Nope I choose to live with bad eyesight. Makes me feel good about everything I say which is grossly wrong. And yeah untouched 30 tried to trip him but didn't. 

Wow I guess so for your bad eye sight, looked more like a shove to me. If Wheeler was touched at all it is no longer unabated   watch the whole play not the just the slow mo Goolsby  has contact with him the whole way.

The Slow Mo does not show most of the play. 

46 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

Wow I guess so for your bad eye sight, looked more like a shove to me. If Wheeler was touched at all it is no longer unabated   watch the whole play not the just the slow mo Goolsby  has contact with him the whole way.

The Slow Mo does not show most of the play. 

I've seen enough of the f*****g replays. So I'll continue to disagree with you and most of everyone here no matter how many down votes I get. 

Ban or delete this account 

• Downvote 14

1 hour ago, Gatorbait said:

Piss off. I'm tired of the classes assholes that I've seen call themselves Florida fans the past 12 hours. Your coach acts like a little bitch and tries to storm the field to start a fight, your backup QB acts like a bitch in the press conference. Your "fans " stalk  anyone who disagrees with them. Your fans as a whole are a terrible group of people.

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Yes Florida has a history of recent saintly hits. Florida always plays fair and never hits with ill intention:

2015 vs Vandy QB: https://vine.co/a2693280-b62a-4720-ac8c-b5d52d9f1b91 soooooo many tweets about intent should be part of an injection. Love the flip flop here specificially: http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/gators-sherit-ejected-targeting/

Fournette is on the record saying he felt like he was in a street fight it was so dirty playing florida: http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2015/10/les_miles_sends_video_to_sec_o.html LSU sent in film to the NCAA of dirty plays.

Literally zero point to dig any further.

Edited by Caw Caw
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Watch the video frame by frame.  The blocker's bottom of his right foot trips Wheeler's bottom of his left foot and he immediately moves from a running position to a diving position.  The bottom of their cleats touched...cleat on cleat.  You can clearly see Wheeler's left leg extend in a disrupted fashion after being tripped.  Was the trip intentional by the blocker or incidental?  I'm not sure on that.  The blocker knows the answer to that question.  The Florida fans, for some sensationalistic reason, may feel better trying to make this into something it's not, but the reality is our D played good, clean football and Wheeler gave tremendous effort, but the video clearly shows he was tripped and it altered his pass rush into a low dive.  The reality is the officials could have called tripping on Florida and roughing the passer, as they did, on UNT. At the end of the day, football is a violent sport and accidents do happen.  I'm convinced nobody wanted to see Del Rio hurt.  He's a tough competitor, just like his dad.  I grew up cheering for his dad when he was with the Dallas Cowboys.  I pray that Luke has a swift recovery.

• Upvote 5