The Wheeler hit was not intentional

Harry

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTeeth said:

He made it up.  Their coach is a liar, a thug (charging our bench), and a poor sport (trying to run up the score on a pointless 2-point attempt).

2-point attempt was very tasteless. Glad they botched it. Either way, proud of the boys today. They can channel this and get better with it. 

Offensive coaching has to improve. 

• Upvote 3

Defense made us proud. Tons of fight. Hit wasn't dirty. Lots of HOMER calls, but that is to be expected with the SEC. They are untouchable. Just ask them...

I think we learned a lot about this team in this game. They have heart. Sure the offense has a bit to learn, but we didn't give those guys an inch. From there alone you can build a program.

GMG

Edited by GM1998
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, James329 said:

Was he trying to do that? No. Was he trying not to do that? No. If we were Florida fans would we be mad? Hell yes. Oh well. 

No, I can't say for the rest of us, but I don't think that should've been a penalty even if the roles were reversed.

37 minutes ago, GMG81 said:

Yeah, when? I'm confused? 

So is McElwain.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Then UF's Coach comes charging out onto the field yelling at Littrell like they would trying to take out their QB. Get out of Here with that BS

Yeah, he was a real grown-up about that. Stand up for your player, okay, but be a jackass... nah.

43 minutes ago, GMG81 said:

2-point attempt was very tasteless. Glad they botched it.

THIS. I frowned at it too. McElwain's no daisy.

2 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

"The hit was very dirty in my mind".  Whatevs dude.  I wonder what else goes on in his mind.

"My heart breaks for him"   Good God.... Did that hit to the leg last night (that he walked off of the field after sustaining) end up killing his dog or something?  Your heart breaks for him?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/florida-will-probably-be-missing-starting-qb-luke-del-rio-for-vols-game/

Watch the video. The Florida Gators and ESPN should be bellyaching about Florida players tripping. 

At least it was one of the Florida players that was injured by their incredibly dirty play.

Edited by ADLER

21 minutes ago, ADLER said:

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/florida-will-probably-be-missing-starting-qb-luke-del-rio-for-vols-game/

Watch the video. The Florida Gators and ESPN should be bellyaching about Florida players tripping. 

At least it was one of the Florida players that was injured by their incredibly dirty play.

"They had been called on it a couple times in previous games, but it's not something they coach, I know that."

Throwing this in at the end makes it seem like his comments were riddled with sarcasm.   Sounds like he's trying to take the high road, but it's hard for him.  Sounds like they knew the SMU QB was injured in our game against them and were therefore hypersensitive that we might play dirty going into it.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, SHOSS said:

F mac el bitch...   f the most wheels off state in the union...   f em.  Right in the ear

West Virginia says hi. (I seem to remember the musers deeming them the most wheels off state, but I'm sure multiple states have gotten that distinction from them at one time or another)

Edited by Mean Green Matt

He intentionally went low because that's all he could do. He knew he couldn't get to the QB cleanly so he lunged as he was already kind of low.

He didn't intentionally mean to hurt him. It's just part of the game. 

It is a somewhat dirty play. You don't go for the legs like that. 

But it's time to move on and stop wasting time on this. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

Their most delusional fans have now discovered that Wheeler also put SMU's Davis out of the game, so he must be the among the dirtiest players that ever played.   No matter there is nothing that proves he had any intent to do anything but tackle the QB.  

This was all started by an irresponsible coach that from his view probably saw little and while trying to back away from his reckless allegation mentioned that this has happened in other NT games.   

It is beyond me how anybody could watch that play and conclude that Wheeler was trying to injure the QB.   Yet, many Florida mind reading fans have come to the conclusion.  

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Their most delusional fans have now discovered that Wheeler also put SMU's Davis out of the game, so he must be the among the dirtiest players that ever played.   No matter there is nothing that proves he had any intent to do anything but tackle the QB.  

This was all started by an irresponsible coach that from his view probably saw little and while trying to back away from his reckless allegation mentioned that this has happened in other NT games.   

It is beyond me how anybody could watch that play and conclude that Wheeler was trying to injure the QB.   Yet, many Florida mind reading fans have come to the conclusion.  

Thats Florida math. If you don't actually think about it, it adds up perfectly.

2 hours ago, ADLER said:

It also looks like two possible facemask or hands to the face violations by FLA in the same clip.

1 hour ago, Mean_Green09 said:

He intentionally went low because that's all he could do. He knew he couldn't get to the QB cleanly so he lunged as he was already kind of low.

He didn't intentionally mean to hurt him. It's just part of the game. 

It is a somewhat dirty play. You don't go for the legs like that. 

But it's time to move on and stop wasting time on this. 

So anytime a defender tries to tackle a running back or a receiver by the legs, that's dirty?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1