WANT TO SEE A REAL FOOTBALL BAND?

SilverEagle

Do not care if the band looks laxed or acts laxed as long as they play great and entertain. The thing is, they sound amazing and are entertaining for 1 game. They run the same drill and play the same halftime show every week. High schools do that. Play some different music and show off the amazing musicians. Get rid of the black shoes and black socks pulled way up high. just wear some tennis shoes if comfort is what you are after. or wear khaki pants. Just don't look so dorky.

While we are on the topic of traditions, can we bring back old scrappy? I am continually baffled by the new costume. The old one was no joke, one of the best looking costumes in all of the country.

More videos of Joe Greene please. The Midlake spot was very cool. We need to talk more about the special things happening on campus and with alumni. Promote the music school or jazz band if they win a grammy. Promote the business school alumns and their businesses. Get Lance Dunbar to give a "Go Mean Green" in his cowboy garb. Craig Robertson in his Browns garb , Zach Orr, Brian Waters, Mean Joe. Norah Jones. Congressman Burgess. Cynthia Izaguirre.

Games should be a commercial for the University to every person who walks in that stadium. Talk more about the famous alumni and the very interesting things happening around the university. If someone in cross country ends up winning something, recognize them too, but everything does not have to be just athletics.

Talk about things that make us proud to be alumni and/or proud to be from Denton and North Texas.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, MeanMag said:

Do not care if the band looks laxed or acts laxed as long as they play great and entertain. The thing is, they sound amazing and are entertaining for 1 game. They run the same drill and play the same halftime show every week. High schools do that. Play some different music and show off the amazing musicians. Get rid of the black shoes and black socks pulled way up high. just wear some tennis shoes if comfort is what you are after. or wear khaki pants. Just don't look so dorky.

Meanmag, I was in the band from 95-97, nick Williams was my drum major for a year. We had 3 different shows that year and we wore our uniforms to every game.  We also had a pregame show. This was when Fischer and genevro were leading the band.   When leadership wants the band to look and perform professionally, they will, otherwise, we get what we get now

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, MeanMag said:

While we are on the topic of traditions, can we bring back old scrappy? I am continually baffled by the new costume. The old one was no joke, one of the best looking costumes in all of the country.

AMEN.  Mentioned that in Wren's post game survey.

• Upvote 2

I have received more than 30 e-mails of this thread in the last few days.  I don't know who is doing this but cut it out.  If it doesn't stop I will spam any posting from gomeangreen.com so I won't be bothered but of course I will lose any information that I'd like to know about before I read the forum.  I have received four or five today and I'm asking whoever is responsible to please stop.  If I receive another tomorrow or later it, and all future meangreen.com postings will be considered spam.

• Downvote 5

29 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

I have no idea what her name is but I'm pretty sure the boogie man checks his closet and under his bed for her. She is in Doctor Evil's evil band.

download (3).jpg

I know but cannot tell for personal safety reasons...ex-wife!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On September 10, 2016 at 4:52 PM, greenminer said:

Curious, why did we switch to Eugene Levy Scrappy? Was there someone in AD that was unhappy with the previous one? Was it party of a branding overhaul?

Supposedly the last costume was wearing thin and they didn't want to one-for-one replace it. They thought then to make a new one and Eugene Levy was the horrible resolt. The cartoon iterations are not bad, but the costume is revolting.

1 hour ago, Christopher Walker said:

Supposedly the last costume was wearing thin and they didn't want to one-for-one replace it.

Yes, Scrappy looked like he was molting - I saw it up close at the pep rally event the night before the Rice game back in 2008.  I can only imagine how much worse it got in the years after that.  And I understand it smelled horribly.

Surely we could get an identical replacement?

4 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

Supposedly the last costume was wearing thin and they didn't want to one-for-one replace it. They thought then to make a new one and Eugene Levy was the horrible resolt. The cartoon iterations are not bad, but the costume is revolting.

Well good news then...

At the SMU game I noticed Scrappy was looking like hell. Dirty, worn, his talons nearly falling off. Eugene Levy Scrappy is going to need to be replaced soon. 

• Upvote 1

Question - my large son keeps watching cable after I go to bed, but when I wake up and go in the room, he's passed out with a scrambled picture showing something old like Ishtar. Can you contact the cable company and fix this please? Also think we need to change detergent for sheets and blankets because they've been feeling off. Any recs?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Quoner said:

Question - my large son keeps watching cable after I go to bed, but when I wake up and go in the room, he's passed out with a scrambled picture showing something old like Ishtar. Can you contact the cable company and fix this please? Also think we need to change detergent for sheets and blankets because they've been feeling off. Any recs?

define "off"?