MGB: Breaking news -- Quinetin Jackson has been cleared

Brett Vito

2 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Good news. We are not terribly deep at WR, so this should really help. Not sure he'll be ready to go by game 1 given he only gets 2 weeks to prepare with proper practice snaps. But as I am very hopeful he'll be very useful a few games in.

yeah, I'm pretty sure he won't have time to get up to speed in 2 weeks.  Hopefully we have enough functional receivers to cover things for week 1.  He will certainly come into play a couple weeks down the line in this offense....  I think(bet hedge)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Not if you don't mind losing $100...

How does one lose $100 on a $50 bet with 100:1 odds?  Risk $50 to win $5000.  Unless you of course only place/risk dime size bets because we all know $50 is most unlucky bill/bet.  

Also might wanna place another couple 0's next to the odds, to win CUSA it's at 10,000:1

Edited by Dr. Seuss
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Rudy said:

Maybe he already has the playbook and has been studying it, and been practicing on his own. That would speed up his readiness.

I don't believe it is learning a playbook  

I think the outside guys have 1 route tree to learn. Should be able to learn it in a day.

I believe the trick is learning to make the same read as the QB so that each knows where the WR is going to be and to build trust/timing. 

53 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

I don't believe it is learning a playbook  

I think the outside guys have 1 route tree to learn. Should be able to learn it in a day.

I believe the trick is learning to make the same read as the QB so that each knows where the WR is going to be and to build trust/timing. 

^

This

Repetition is key in this offense. There aren't a lot of plays to learn but they have to be run with precision EVERY time. If the QB expects you to be at the 15 yard line at the left hash you BETTER be there. If the defense blitzes, you BETTER read it and break the route off properly. Harrell said that you can put the entire playbook on a napkin so it shouldn't be too hard to learn. I believe Fred Scott also said the defense is much easier as well and allows players to use their instincts and skills. 

13 hours ago, Dr. Seuss said:

How does one lose $100 on a $50 bet with 100:1 odds?  Risk $50 to win $5000.  Unless you of course only place/risk dime size bets because we all know $50 is most unlucky bill/bet.  

Also might wanna place another couple 0's next to the odds, to win CUSA it's at 10,000:1

Vegas odds....play what they offer....  Got about 20 other bets down to hedge.  Conf. champs, NC, over/under wins for a number of teams, Heisman winner....., 

13 hours ago, Dr. Seuss said:

I couldn't figure out what he was talking about either....maybe if I lose, they come after me for another $50 for making such a bet????

• Upvote 1