NT Daily covers UNT Fan Meeting from Monday

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

Hank blocked me on Twitter after I badmouthed McCarney. Said something about that stupid barbecue from Iowa Mac always had catered every year and I said this is Texas, we don't need Iowa barbecue, don't we have enough Iowa here already? boom. Blocked. 

From His Bio:

"Dickenson has oversight of the department’s external units, including business development initiatives (marketing, sponsorship and promotions), athletics communication, and assists with certain development efforts, such as event planning and naming rights opportunities."

Marketing and promotions are pitiful, communications from the athletic department are often poorly written and contain numerous grammar and spelling errors. If you think otherwise then you're just fooling yourself. The man has direct oversight over these things, and yet these are the things that the Athletic department is notoriously bad for

And I do believe this was covered at the meeting, wasn't it?

• Upvote 4

I am just impressed we fired RV since our most important donor was his friend.  This says a lot about our PREZ.  I'm also impressed we are having a very visible search for the new AD since we have many other VIDs (Very Important Donors) that are pushing for Hank.  I can only hope that since the PREZ has stuck to his guns and sent friends of his own packing that he will do the right thing and let the search committee pick a nationally prominent AD.  I really think this will happen and all the HANK NOISE will go mostly away.  

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Hank blocked me on Twitter after I badmouthed McCarney. Said something about that stupid barbecue from Iowa Mac always had catered every year and I said this is Texas, we don't need Iowa barbecue, don't we have enough Iowa here already? boom. Blocked. 

From His Bio:

"Dickenson has oversight of the department’s external units, including business development initiatives (marketing, sponsorship and promotions), athletics communication, and assists with certain development efforts, such as event planning and naming rights opportunities."

Marketing and promotions are pitiful, communications from the athletic department are often poorly written and contain numerous grammar and spelling errors. If you think otherwise then you're just fooling yourself. The man has direct oversight over these things, and yet these are the things that the Athletic department is notoriously bad for

So basically, RV had most of the fund raising, facilities, scheduling, and tickets and HD had pretty much everything else.  Seems like he had direct responsibility for about half of this mess.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Here is how I am summing up this thread for myself: I am about ready to hear some names that are in the running for the AD other than HD, just so we don't keep having nothing better to do than rip appart somebody who cares about UNT and can focus on somebody elses CV and wheter it excites us or not, and can start comparing alternatives. I don't want to judge HD in a vacuum without comparisson to other real life candidates, as that gets really old real fast. I know people are always worried about things leaking. But there is also a prize to keeping mum. This thread is a good example.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Look! Hank is fricking awful! He's negative towards the alumni and the program; he's just beat down from frustration and  lack of success in his career, he's a very good sports announcer (stay with that Hank), but he's no business man! We need a CEO running athletics; Hank is no CEO... 

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Here is how I am summing up this thread for myself: I am about ready to hear some names that are in the running for the AD other than HD, just so we don't keep having nothing better to do than rip appart somebody who cares about UNT and can focus on somebody elses CV and wheter it excites us or not, and can start comparing alternatives. I don't want to judge HD in a vacuum without comparisson to other real life candidates, as that gets really old real fast. I know people are always worried about things leaking. But there is also a prize to keeping mum. This thread is a good example.

Hank Dickenson put himself in this position by openly campaigning for the job and appointing Dunham as campaign spokesman. If he can't take the heat, please stay the hell out the kitchen.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Hank Dickenson put himself in this position by openly campaigning for the job and appointing Dunham as campaign spokesman. If he can't take the heat, please stay the hell out the kitchen.

I don't think Hank did this.   I think George is campaigning on his own because he genuinely likes Hank.

• Upvote 3

I do not want Hank as the next AD. Clearly, he had direct responsibility over several areas that have been identified as failing. You don't promote the guy who supervised the areas recognized for their failures. And I am NOT one of those here know for their negativity. I have had multiple positive interactions with Hank through the years. I don't think of Hank as "evil" as some here appear to. But he's just not the right guy for the job. 

Certainly there is relationship building as a part of the AD job, but that includes relationships with the fans and donors. A glance at the size of the MGC membership and the relatively low rates for joining compared to other schools indicates a failure to build relationships here!

As for the "17" campaigning for Hank to be AD, we've got George who is clearly NOT in the 17. Then we have the random writer for the Denton CVB who less a member of the "17" than George. Yes, there could be some conspiracy to promote Hank, but I don't think it involves a lot of high level donors. 

IF our consultants are being professional, they will listen to Hank, take input from everyone and fairly judge ALL of the applicants. If Hank proves to be the most qualified applicant we receive I'm more disappointed in the lack in interest in our job opening than anything else. 

As for the consultants being true outsiders - that's what you want, someone without any axes to grind. But, you also want consultants that people already have some level of faith in to avoid the whole "they aren't from here, how can they know our totally unique in the entire universe situation." Trip seems to fix the required mix well. I don't think his company would have been successful without applying some careful, accurate analysis. Yes, he wouldn't have been hired without his father's connection to NT, but Trip's connect is far more distant. Distance gives more objectivity. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, EagleGreen said:

I am just impressed we fired RV since our most important donor was his friend.  This says a lot about our PREZ.  I'm also impressed we are having a very visible search for the new AD since we have many other VIDs (Very Important Donors) that are pushing for Hank.  I can only hope that since the PREZ has stuck to his guns and sent friends of his own packing that he will do the right thing and let the search committee pick a nationally prominent AD.  I really think this will happen and all the HANK NOISE will go mostly away.  

Who are those "VIDs" pushing for Hank?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

I do not want Hank as the next AD. Clearly, he had direct responsibility over several areas that have been identified as failing. You don't promote the guy who supervised the areas recognized for their failures. And I am NOT one of those here know for their negativity. I have had multiple positive interactions with Hank through the years. I don't think of Hank as "evil" as some here appear to. But he's just not the right guy for the job. 

Certainly there is relationship building as a part of the AD job, but that includes relationships with the fans and donors. A glance at the size of the MGC membership and the relatively low rates for joining compared to other schools indicates a failure to build relationships here!

As for the "17" campaigning for Hank to be AD, we've got George who is clearly NOT in the 17. Then we have the random writer for the Denton CVB who less a member of the "17" than George. Yes, there could be some conspiracy to promote Hank, but I don't think it involves a lot of high level donors. 

IF our consultants are being professional, they will listen to Hank, take input from everyone and fairly judge ALL of the applicants. If Hank proves to be the most qualified applicant we receive I'm more disappointed in the lack in interest in our job opening than anything else. 

As for the consultants being true outsiders - that's what you want, someone without any axes to grind. But, you also want consultants that people already have some level of faith in to avoid the whole "they aren't from here, how can they know our totally unique in the entire universe situation." Trip seems to fix the required mix well. I don't think his company would have been successful without applying some careful, accurate analysis. Yes, he wouldn't have been hired without his father's connection to NT, but Trip's connect is far more distant. Distance gives more objectivity. 

Lol. I don't think Hank is evil. I think he is playing the UNT good ole boy system to get a job. And I think it is absolutely calculated. 

I agree with everything else.

4 minutes ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Who are those "VIDs" pushing for Hank?

Look to the BOR chairman. I think that's where you'll find a Hank supporter.

Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Lol. I don't think Hank is evil. I think he is playing the UNT good ole boy system to get a job. And I think it is absolutely calculated. 

I agree with everything else.

Actually, you aren't someone I thought did. 

When dealing with people there is always a "your mileage may vary" factor. In multiple interactions over the years, I found Hank professional even though I almost never got my desired outcome. Other's have different experiences. I just look at the area of the department that was Hank's responsibility the past few years and find that's one of the areas identified as having serious problems. 

I don't like the whole "everything that happened was RV's fault" while simultaneously claiming to have not tried to fix anything out of "loyalty." If Hank actually disagreed, there should some kind of record of that someplace. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, VideoEagle said:

Actually, you aren't someone I thought did. 

When dealing with people there is always a "your mileage may vary" factor. In multiple interactions over the years, I found Hank professional even though I almost never got my desired outcome. Other's have different experiences. I just look at the area of the department that was Hank's responsibility the past few years and find that's one of the areas identified as having serious problems. 

I don't like the whole "everything that happened was RV's fault" while simultaneously claiming to have not tried to fix anything out of "loyalty." If Hank actually disagreed, there should some kind of record of that someplace. 

Well, that was exactly what George Dunham said at the meeting. I mean to a T. 

Most confusing argument ever.,

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Look to the BOR chairman. I think that's where you'll find a Hank supporter.

Hope I'm wrong.

After Monday night I'm quite sure you are.

The supposed "17" who many here connect to the group who defended and protected RV is really only about 3.  They consist of CDS and two others who's names I rarely ever hear of.

This is why Hank immediately tried to disconnect from RV and started campaigning to anyone he feels can help him.

56 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I don't think Hank did this.   

No sir...he did and it started the day after the announcement that RV was to resign.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

56 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I don't think anybody has heard a word from Hank on this matter.  He has a right to apply for a job.  Bashing him makes no sense...it's personal.  Let the process happen.  If you don't like the results.....walk away

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I don't think anybody has heard a word from Hank on this matter.  He has a right to apply for a job.  Bashing him makes no sense...it's personal.  Let the process happen.  If you don't like the results.....walk away

Actually as soon as the announcement that RV was resigning Hank contacted people I know and immediately blamed RV for everything in hopes to persuade said people to vouch for him.  He then applied, which he certainly has the right to do.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

10 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

No sir...he did and it started the day after the announcement that RV was to resign.

Rick

You have any evidence that says Hank asked George to be as vocal as he is about him getting the job?

Hank asked George to get on the air at the Ticket and campaign for him?
Hank asked George to commandeer a meeting to stump for him?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

We have all heard from Hank through the mouth of George Dunham. Don't be a silly man.

As far as "bashing," most are just saying they don't want him as AD. That isn't bashing. 

This is a calculated, organized campaign for Hank. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Actually as soon as the announcement that RV was resigning Hank contacted people I know and immediately blamed RV for everything in hopes to persuade said people to vouch for him.  He then applied, which he certainly has the right to do.

Rick

what I was referring to was the statement, "if he can't take the heat, please stay the hell out of the kitchen" from the Master Manipulator in this board.  Has anybody heard of Hank complaining about personal attacks on this forum, or any for that matter?  He is just trying to manipulate opinion through a negative attack.  I have not prior contact with Hank, and don't know if he is the man or not.  I say let the process happen and see how it shakes out.  I the manipulator hates the results so much, just walk away....

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

We have all heard from Hank through the mouth of George Dunham. Don't be a silly man.

????  You know for a fact that Hank sent Dunham out there?  Who is manipulating the facts to make his own point???  That's the funny thing about facts.....you can't have your own...

9 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Rick

If I thought I would have a chance for the job, I would apply as well....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

what I was referring to was the statement, "if he can't take the heat, please stay the hell out of the kitchen" from the Master Manipulator in this board.  Has anybody heard of Hank complaining about personal attacks on this forum, or any for that matter?  He is just trying to manipulate opinion through a negative attack.  I have not prior contact with Hank, and don't know if he is the man or not.  I say let the process happen and see how it shakes out.  I the manipulator hates the results so much, just walk away....

????  You know for a fact that Hank sent Dunham out there?  Who is manipulating the facts to make his own point???  That's the funny thing about facts.....you can't have your own...

I thought you were going to say hello Monday night? What happened?...

Yes, George wouldn't be doing this without Hank's expressed approval. And I can't help you if you can't put the 8 very large pieces of this puzzle together. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I have not heard from George that Hank sent him to vouch for him on the radio, nor did George say Hank sent him to vouch for him Monday while scolding us on GMG on Monday night.

But I have heard from others who says he contacted them.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes, George wouldn't be doing this without Hank's expressed approval. And I can't help you if you can't put the 8 very large pieces of this puzzle together. 

I spoke more than anybody did in the room on Monday.  You sat on the other side of the room with a scowl on your face, and your arms folded across your chest.....body language said you were not accepting introductions.  Nice that you keep taking personal jabs at GD and his weight....classy of you

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

4 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I have no doubt Hank reached out to George and some other folks he would deem his friends in letting them know he's putting his hat in the ring and would appreciate any support they could throw his way... but I HIGHLY DOUBT George's actions are being micro-managed by "master manipulator" Hank Dickenson.  George is a grown man who can make his own decisions as to what he would like to say, and where.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I spoke more than anybody did in the room on Monday.  You sat on the other side of the room with a scowl on your face, and your arms folded across your chest.....body language said you were not accepting introductions.  Nice that you keep taking personal jabs at GD and his weight....classy of you

If you were there you heard George tell the room "I saw the emails yall wrote..I know what you said about him"..

Why do you think Hank showed George those emails?

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

If you were there you heard George tell the room "I saw the emails yall wrote..I know what you said about him"..

Why do you think Hank showed George those emails?

Rick

I don't know GD, other than his shows....so I don't have a dog in the hunt with him.  I do know that GD never called anybody out by name.  He came and gave his statement like many people did.....some of them that had not a lot to do about what the meeting was for....no complaint...just an observation.  Why does it have to get personal at GD?  Does he not have a right as an alumnus of UNT to have his say?  The consultants are going to make a report to the Prez. about their opinion on what we need to improve as an institution.  The search firm is going to make their recommendations as to who the new AD should be.  Prez Sma. will make his decision.  Why beat up on anybody here???  Does Hank have a right to apply for this position?  Do you blame him for applying for this position?  Do you blaming him for asking for the job?  I do that everyday when I ask my customers to give me money for what I do for them....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3