NT Daily covers UNT Fan Meeting from Monday

Rick, I'm curious about the people whom told you Hank reached out to them for support. Did they intend to provide it? It's certainly alright for Hank to try for the job and trying for any job means asking people to help you get it. Asking is fine and if they aren't providing help then that certainly says some of the people Hank thinks will help actually won't. The plus in having outside consultants come in is to minimize any negative effects of that.  

There's a difference between Hank wanting the job - which is good - and Hank actually getting the job which most of us don't want. If people don't want to move up in an organization, they are likely doing a placeholder level of work. We should want people to want to move up. As Ross Perot has said, eagles don't flock. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

We have all heard from Hank through the mouth of George Dunham. Don't be a silly man.

As far as "bashing," most are just saying they don't want him as AD. That isn't bashing. 

This is a calculated, organized campaign for Hank. 

Did you campaign for the job you have?  Did you give references to get your job?  Did you ask for your job?  Hank has that right to do so as well.  He will probably not get the job, but has every right to try and get the job.  Why make it personal? 

Support your team/school. 

Question:  Let's say you have a son.  Your son is trying out for QB of his HS football team..  Maybe he was 2nd string on varsity his Soph. year with a good chance to start his Jr. year.  You, as a father are rooting for him to win the starting position.  However, he loses out to somebody else, but still makes the varsity.  You are dashed....  Do you start hating the team?  Bad mouthing the coaches, the other kid and his father because he went to college with the Head Football coach???   They are "Friends", so it must be a "friend" thing!!!  Are you that guy????

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You have any evidence that says Hank asked George to be as vocal as he is about him getting the job?

Hank asked George to get on the air at the Ticket and campaign for him?
Hank asked George to commandeer a meeting to stump for him?

Do you have any evidence that the sun will rise tomorrow?

5 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Did you campaign for the job you have?  Did you give references to get your job?  Did you ask for your job?  Hank has that right to do so as well.  He will probably not get the job, but has every right to try and get the job.  Why make it personal? 

Support your team/school. 

Question:  Let's say you have a son.  Your son is trying out for QB of his HS football team..  Maybe he was 2nd string on varsity his Soph. year with a good chance to start his Jr. year.  You, as a father are rooting for him to win the starting position.  However, he loses out to somebody else, but still makes the varsity.  You are dashed....  Do you start hating the team?  Bad mouthing the coaches, the other kid and his father because he went to college with the Head Football coach???   They are "Friends", so it must be a "friend" thing!!!  Are you that guy????

Actually, I was recruited for my current job by someone that knew my work product. 

You see, when you have accomplishments, you can let them speak for themselves. 

When you don't...

And I won't even address your idiotic, non-applicable attempt at an analogy.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 7

2 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

empirical, proven evidence. 

8 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Actually, I was recruited for my current job by someone that knew my work product. 

When you don't...

must have been a friend who got you your job....

• Downvote 8

George is a former announcer and closely tied to the RV regime. I don't think he is a million dollar plus donor to any part of the school. Not sure how much influence he actually has. 

Of course if you read Bill Mercer's book and know some of the people who were around at the time George got the announcing job, he certainly knew how to do a lot of behind the scene's campaigning. But there's a lot more eyes on who becomes the next AD than there was on who would replace Bill Mercer. No one even knew there WAS a campaign to replace Bill till George was announced. Quiet whisper campaigns don't work nearly as well in daylight with lots of attention. 

What I'm saying is yes, let's be aware George is campaigning for Hank but let's not freak out about it. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

When you don't...

I thought the analogy was pretty good.

• Downvote 5

3 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Confused-Gary-Payton.gif

I think you're trying to argue that "since he has done it before, he'll do it again?"  I don't really know.  
I do know that the sun doesn't go anywhere and the earth is rotating.  So yes, the evidence is clearly there.

There is no evidence of "Puppetmaster" Hank Dickenson pulling George Dunham's strings.

This talk is dumb anyway because Hank will only be here for a little while.   I'm sure the application for UNT's Athletic Director is not the only one he has out there.  Any worry about him being named permanent AD is just undue worry on yourself.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

must have been a friend who got you your job....

Hardly.

I think you are talking about yourself...

6 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I'm not worried....just hate to see things get personal.  The Master manipulator has Manipulated you to agree with everything he says.

Na, Rick was no RV fan.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It would be nice if George Dunham recognized that an internal hire like Hank is the wrong choice for UNT athletics. But I can't fault him too much for championing a longtime friend. I might do the same thing in his situation.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Agree, which is why George should have never taken that route Monday.

Rick

maybe not, but he didn't call anybody out by name and criticize them....  If you had a candidate that you felt was the right person and you wanted that person to have the job, would you speak up?  be truthful...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Just now, MeanGreen_MBA said:

nice come back...  relationships in business do make the world go around....  I could take 3 jobs today via people I know, and who know me and my work....  It is done everyday

But George didn't cite any Hank accomplishments, did he? He just said Hank was covering for RV for years, and darn it he's a good guy, oh, and all y'all's ideas tonight were really Hank's ideas. 

Oh, and stop complaining about the worst athletic department in college sports. All you mofos do is bitch. Be happy for the scraps you mofos get.

Now, shut the hell up and make my best friend AD. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

But George didn't cite any Hank accomplishments, did he? He just said Hank was covering for RV for years, and darn it he's a good guy, oh, and all y'all's ideas tonight were really Hank's ideas. 

Oh, and stop complaining about the worst athletic department in college sports. All you mofos do is bitch. Be happy for the scraps you mofos get.

Now, shut the hell up and make my best friend AD. 

says the manipulator....classic  look it up....

• Downvote 5

Just now, UNT90 said:

You obviously don't know Rick.

your right, I don't.  I would never attempt to speak for somebody else either.  That would be manipulating the situation to fit my narrative....

Just now, MeanGreen_MBA said:

your right, I don't.  I would never attempt to speak for somebody else either.  That would be manipulating the situation to fit my narrative....

I am leaving now to go enjoy my 4th of July weekend.  I hope, and everybody else on this board has a fantastic holiday weekend.  Find other things to fill your minds for a while....  Coastal Carolina WINS!!!!  There is hope!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

If you were there you heard George tell the room "I saw the emails yall wrote..I know what you said about him"..

Why do you think Hank showed George those emails?

Rick

And I don't think the emails were what Geoge made them out to be.  Again, playing the victim card was part of George's presentation, right down to the RV fake tear up. 

Shameful.

And you obviously have no grasp of personal manipulation. Wanna buy a used car?...

44 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I was addressing FFR & UNT90's insinuations that Hank is 'manipulating' George Dunham into stumping for him.

I think George and Hank are conspiring to manipulate the powers that be into hiring Hank as AD.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3