Aldo

9 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

The problem with predictions, especially in sports, is that there are usually no consequences.  Since no one tracks performance, and no is held accountable for those predictions, actually being able to predict successfully falls waysides to who can be the loudest and most ostentatious.  For example see the state of ESPN today.  So lets make it interesting.  

@Ben Gooding and @UNT90 obviously want to soak up all the prognosticator credit if their predictions come true.  So if we get to six wins next year Ben Gooding will be named GoMeanGreen.com Master Predictor.  If we fail to get 3 wins, UNT90 gets the title.

However there has to be tracking and accountability.  If the team fails to get to six wins, Ben gets banned from the board.  Same thing goes for UNT90 if the team gets to three wins.

What say you master predictors?  You in?

Out.

Unless you care to throw down a prediction and ban yourself if you are wrong...

Na. Even then, still out.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Army of Dad said:

Frustrated at losing and watching a pass happy offense that can't stay on the field @MeanGreenMailbox or @FirefightnRick yell "Run the damn ball!" within earshot of the coaches.

Nothing else happens because, at the end of the day, SL knows he's right.

Again...Littrell knows when to run in these offenses; Dodge didn't.  If we were six inches from the goal line, Dodge was going to have the QB in the shotgun, throwing. 

Littrell himself led Oklahoma in touchdowns in 1999, the Sooners first year in the spread:  seven rushing, one receiving.  So, I doubt we have the same red zone problems with him that we did with Dodge.  Remember, Littrell was the odd-man-out fullback in a Mike Leach spread system, but he still thrived.

His senior year, 2000, the Sooner's last national title season, Leach had left, but Mark Mangino was still running a spread and again a back, Quentin Griffin, OU in touchdowns with 17 - all rushing - and was leading receiver with 51 catches!

So, again...and again and again and again...Littrell lived in this type of offense as a player.  He knows when to run and when not to run.  Dodge didn't. He was going to force his high school spread offense come hell or high water. 

Furthermore, we won't be on the losing end much, so there won't be anything to complain about expect the butteriness, or lack thereof, of the popcorn,

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

Out.

So, accountability is for suckers?   You really should stop boasting about the times you were right, when the times you are wrong don't carry any weight.  

2 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Unless you care to throw down a prediction and ban yourself if you are wrong...

I really haven't made a persona out of being the one who is always right and how hard it is to always be the one who is right and everyone is against you.   

4 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

So, accountability is for suckers?   You really should stop boasting about the times you were right, when the times you are wrong don't carry any weight.  

I really haven't made a persona out of being the one who is always right and how hard it is to always be the one who is right and everyone is against you.   

Do you really have that much lack of an understanding of sarcasm? 

I mean, I'm right a lot, and it is #mystruggle, 

but it's also a joke.

Good God, people. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

4 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Ah yes, Sarcasm and Text Based Media.  Goes together like peanut butter and iron shavings.  

Ain't gonna lie, it's fun to see people twist off when I point out when I was right. 

But this is college athletics we talkin bout here. Any F'n thing can happen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

The problem with predictions, especially in sports, is that there are usually no consequences.  Since no one tracks performance, and no is held accountable for those predictions, actually being able to predict successfully falls waysides to who can be the loudest and most ostentatious.  For example see the state of ESPN today.  So lets make it interesting.  

@Ben Gooding and @UNT90 obviously want to soak up all the prognosticator credit if their predictions come true.  So if we get to six wins next year Ben Gooding will be named GoMeanGreen.com Master Predictor.  If we fail to get 3 wins, UNT90 gets the title.

However there has to be tracking and accountability.  If the team fails to get to six wins, Ben gets banned from the board.  Same thing goes for UNT90 if the team gets to three wins.

What say you master predictors?  You in?

UNT90 would never do that. GMG.com is his insulin to his diabetes.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

I wish the past athletic leaders at UNT held as much accountability with their jobs as Ben is with his GMG profile.... 

But you don't know whether or not after the season is over and he has lost the bet if Ben will blame it all on Northern Arizona.

Patience, young grasshopper. 

• Downvote 2