How much do you spend on average for a season of UNT Football?

NTAlum09

2 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Does anyone from the Robert Winslow era want to share about the audition/non-audition process of getting into the GB during his tenure.

I didn't have to audition, just had to register.  I'm not sure, but I think they checked to see if you were a music major or not.  I can't say if there were auditions for non-majors.  Within the drum line, the grad student "coordinator" (for lack of a better term) "auditioned" everyone to see who would play snare, tri-toms, bass, and cymbals.  I wonder if there had been someone who really couldn't play, whether he/she would have been encouraged to drop out, but that wasn't the case.

It was a required "class" for music ed majors, worth 1 credit, and it also fulfilled one of the four Phys Ed classes required for graduation.  I don't know if it's the same now.

10 minutes ago, Stix said:

I didn't have to audition, just had to register.  I'm not sure, but I think they checked to see if you were a music major or not.  I can't say if there were auditions for non-majors.  Within the drum line, the grad student "coordinator" (for lack of a better term) "auditioned" everyone to see who would play snare, tri-toms, bass, and cymbals.  I wonder if there had been someone who really couldn't play, whether he/she would have been encouraged to drop out, but that wasn't the case.

It was a required "class" for music ed majors, worth 1 credit, and it also fulfilled one of the four Phys Ed classes required for graduation.  I don't know if it's the same now.

i was a non music major in the gb...

Edited by THOR

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2016 at 2:44 PM, SilverEagle said:

My current bill for 2016 is 1320.00, which includes MGC membership and four season tickets in section 105. I'm the only one that regularly attends games in my family, so I regularly give away and/or sell the other three each game.

Same here, although it's been a lot harder for me to find people to come to the games with me.  Most of the time, I can't give my unused tickets away, so sell them?  Hah!

@SilverEagle - Check your renewal invoice - that $1320 includes chairbacks, which I know you haven't had.  Maybe your donation is more than the minimum $500, though.

Add:

Gas: approx 22 gallons round-trip; this year, assuming $2/gallon this year, that would be $44.  Much better than when gas was up near $4/gallon.

Hotel: $75 -$125 assuming I stay one night.

So, let's say $150 per game x 6 = $900.  So my total is well over $2000 for the season.

1 hour ago, NT91 said:

Anyone give up their season tickets?

I'm seriously considering it.  With games two weeks in a row in both September and in October, I may just go to one of each, to the SMU game, and more likely Marshall than MUTS.  I'll definitely be at the game at Rice, and if I can swing it, I might schedule a trip to visit my mom on Long Island so I could go to the Army game.  if my wife wanted to go to the Riverwalk, then maybe I'd go to the UTSA game, but that is a week before La Tech, so I'd still prefer to go to Denton.

So, if I do that, maybe 4 home games, and possibly 2 or 3 road games.  That's still quite a commitment, I'd say.

I was just looking at Apogee seating map page.  Does anyone know how this works?  It just might be the way to go for us out-of-towners:

Mean Green Flex Plan 20 tickets for $300, to be used in any combination for any game.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 0:04 PM, Withers940 said:

$400-500 On Tickets

$300 on Alcohol to get me through the games

$150-200 for Swag

More expensive if you are winning. School raises the ticket prices and required minimum donation, celebration booze, more swag because you are even happier to wear it and then throw in road games which now sound like more fun.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Arkstfan said:

More expensive if you are winning. School raises the ticket prices and required minimum donation, celebration booze, more swag because you are even happier to wear it and then throw in road games which now sound like more fun.

I guess we wil just have to take your word on this. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Not renewing my season tickets for the first time since I graduated.  

I applaud you for your use of your time and money. Your family will enjoy you being around and you will enjoy not being in a bad mood after some shellacking against a team that you truly believe we should be able to compete against. And not seeing the Sweater vest will be good for your blood pressure, especially when he is clinging to the UNT 17 all game long, letting everyone know that he isn't going anywhere, anytime soon.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2