DRC: Villarreal calls club seat prices very reasonable as renewals begin

Brett Vito

9 hours ago, flyonthewall said:

And, I have seen concerts too, reckless kelly comes to mind,   excuse me if Brad Delp hasn't come out of the grave to front a Boston concert at apogee 

OK.  So let's be fair about this.  Reckless Kelly was really, really good.  It's been a while since I've heard a group of musicians who play so tightly together as they do.  This became my favorite song of theirs.  I'm sure you can relate, at least for purposes of golf carts.

As good as Reckless Kelly was, they were an after thought to a spring game to which I recall one Mrs. Anderson saying, "I mean, they're good, but I don't know any of the songs."

Apogee could be a great venue for a big name band or festival as an event in and of itself.  Honestly, given Denton's reputation for music and as a burgeoning live music scene that's starting to rival Austin, I'm kinda surprised that there have never been even mid level names playing the super pit.  Or Apogee.  Apogee could easily steal Edge Fest from Frisco or host some very similar event.  The only remote reason I can think against that would be damage to the playing surface, but every other stadium in America seems to have that part figured out.  Even the University of Allen hosts big concerts like that.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, flyonthewall said:

Well at least you used my name, which I Much prefer when...........

10 hours ago, flyonthewall said:

When you had my shoelaces coming out of rv's butt, you permanently became jackass.  You crossed the line.   When you start referring to me as my real name, I will refrain  from jackass, jackass 

I always try to refer to people's handle/screen name online even when I know their given name. The way I've always figured it was if a person wanted to use their real name online they would have done so.

(sorry to interject into the ongoing fight-just giving a neutral opinion on names)

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

I always try to refer to people's handle/screen name online even when I know their given name. The way I've always figured it was if a person wanted to use their real name online they would have done so.

(sorry to interject into the ongoing fight-just giving a neutral opinion on names)

Agree.  That is kinda established online convention.  Facebook is for real names. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Dude...its gonna be ok.    

Rick

The mental health thread kind of proves it's not.  I was surprised shocked someone was trying to be funny with something that deals with suicide in the pursuit of their white whale. W ... T ... F ?!?!

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

@Harry this is part of what I was talking about. The infighting between people is becoming too much. 

Still pushing for the ban, I see...

1 hour ago, UNTFan23 said:

The mental health thread kind of proves it's not.  I was surprised shocked someone was trying to be funny with something that deals with suicide in the pursuit of their white whale. W ... T ... F ?!?!

Oh . My.  God.

Holier than thou much? 

Speaking of white whales, your constant attempts to quash an opposite opinion by reaching for an Internet ban is exactly the white whale you are chasing here. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

4 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

OK.  So let's be fair about this.  Reckless Kelly was really, really good.  It's been a while since I've heard a group of musicians who play so tightly together as they do.  This became my favorite song of theirs.  I'm sure you can relate, at least for purposes of golf carts.

As good as Reckless Kelly was, they were an after thought to a spring game to which I recall one Mrs. Anderson saying, "I mean, they're good, but I don't know any of the songs."

Apogee could be a great venue for a big name band or festival as an event in and of itself.  Honestly, given Denton's reputation for music and as a burgeoning live music scene that's starting to rival Austin, I'm kinda surprised that there have never been even mid level names playing the super pit.  Or Apogee.  Apogee could easily steal Edge Fest from Frisco or host some very similar event.  The only remote reason I can think against that would be damage to the playing surface, but every other stadium in America seems to have that part figured out.  Even the University of Allen hosts big concerts like that.

This. Reckless Kelly isn't what was promised. At all. The fact that Fly would bring this up as a defense for his little buddy is comical. 

And I like Reckless Kelly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I personally like the Denton Arts & Jazz Festival and try to go every year. The topography in the park is pretty flat and it is easier to walk while drunk than at Apogee. I have seen bigtime talent there over the years. I would hate to see us cannibalize the Denton effort. There could be something equal at Apogee but I would want it to be spaced a few months away, like in the Fall.

I don't care if concerts are ever held at Apogee.  I did not make a stadium donation due to any talk of concerts one way or the other. And, as I recall, there was no time table given  as to "when" no any indication of "who" when the discussion of concerts came up in conversations regarding the possibilities for Apogee.  So, in my book, Reckless Kelly counts.  But, like some others here, I did not recognize any of their songs...but I did enjoy the concert and, yes, it was held at Apogee.  One cannot call someone a liar based on their own personal interpretation of who and when...when, of course, neither were discussed. I recall some of the very same folks here complaining and calling RV a liar about HS games being held at Apogee.  Well, HS playoff games and regular season games have been held at Apogee.  Perhaps they did not meat someone's personal timetable as to" when", nor perhaps did they meet someone's personal definition of "who", but HS games and playoff games HAVE definitely been help at Apogee.  So, too, might I add, has the Kiwanis 4th of July fireworks show...and that's pretty cool.  OI don't think Apogee is going to be replaced any time soon, so one never knows what make take place at Apogee. And, NO UNT90, I am not making excuses for RV...I am stating what I see as the facts of the matter IN MY OPINION.  When you can show me that RV said Bruce Springsteen would play at Apogee on a certain date, then and only thern might I see that you have a point to be concerned about. 

I might also add that I had discussions with the Eli Young Band about playing Apogee as a UNT Alumni Association sponsored concert.  They would love to play Apogee, but they said that when they are home they prefer to be AT HOME and not playing concerts.  They prefer a bit of downtime with their families, BUT, they would be open to a date at Apogee IF schedules could be worked out.  That was what the band told me when I spoke to them at Cowboy Stadium when they were opening for Kenny Chesney. So, there is this possibility I assume that would count as a "who" for most folks?

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

14 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

I don't care if concerts are ever held at Apogee.  I did not make a stadium donation due to any talk of concerts one way or the other. And, as I recall, there was no time table given  as to "when" no any indication of "who" when the discussion of concerts came up in conversations regarding the possibilities for Apogee.  So, in my book, Reckless Kelly counts.  But, like some others here, I did not recognize any of their songs...but I did enjoy the concert and, yes, it was held at Apogee.  One cannot call someone a liar based on their own personal interpretation of who and when...when, of course, neither were discussed. I recall some of the very same folks here complaining and calling RV a liar about HS games being held at Apogee.  Well, HS playoff games and regular season games have been held at Apogee.  Perhaps they did not meat someone's personal timetable as to" when", nor perhaps did they meet someone's personal definition of "who", but HS games and playoff games HAVE definitely been help at Apogee.  So, too, might I add, has the Kiwanis 4th of July fireworks show...and that's pretty cool.  OI don't think Apogee is going to be replaced any time soon, so one never knows what make take place at Apogee. And, NO UNT90, I am not making excuses for RV...I am stating what I see as the facts of the matter IN MY OPINION.  When you can show me that RV said Bruce Springsteen would play at Apogee on a certain date, then and only thern might I see that you have a point to be concerned about. 

\

Mark, I like you a lot buddy. You are a great guy and a good athletic supporter. :)

But, you have to admit this is kind of shady if this is what RV meant by the big concerts at Apogee, lest your bias blinds.  And if this is what RV thinks as being adequate as his promised concerts, then we might disagree on what we see as successful. Or what is really a concert. 

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

I might also add that I had discussions with the Eli Young Band about playing Apogee as a UNT Alumni Association sponsored concert.  They would love to play Apogee, but they said that when they are home they prefer to be AT HOME and not playing concerts.  They prefer a bit of downtime with their families, BUT, they would be open to a date at Apogee IF schedules could be worked out.  That was what the band told me when I spoke to them at Cowboy Stadium when they were opening for Kenny Chesney. So, there is this possibility I assume that would count as a "who" for most folks?

Well, under this theory Littrell can finally break .500 on year 10 and the promise to win won't be broken.

Major acts were discussed. Comparisons were made to the Frisco Soccer Venue and how they hosts concerts such as Jimmy Buffett (which for those that don't know, Buffett sells out stadiums wherever he plays). That is the discussion I had. 

Just because you didn't care doesn't mean a promise wasn't broken. It was. Salesmen lie. You may not want to call it that, but that's what it is. 

Just because you weren't affected and don't care doesn't mean you speak for everyone.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1