Rice (1/30/16)

CMJ

2 hours ago, CMJ said:

A winnable game.  I have an event tonight, so it is unlikely I'll listen.  Someone post the tower or the dumpster fire depending on the result.  ?

You going to the UNT Alumni/Advancement event and then the game itself tonight in Houston?

15 minutes ago, CMJ said:

In Los Angeles?  No.  

OK, well, that would be a big commute, but thought I would ask.  Have fun at your event there in Tinsel Town.  Be safe, and hopefully, you will not have to start another dumpster fire after this one...one can hope, right?

27 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

0 rebounds, assists, or points for the bench thus far.  I think I know how this story will end after yet another competitive first half.

They do have four fouls and a couple turnovers though!

I thought we were suppose to have a deep team and the most talented set of guards in 4 years. Not seeming to be the case.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, Andrew said:

Should be by the next game I would think.  We are now the bottom of the barrel pretty much and don't have a lot of room to move. Get Shelton in there and see if he can make adjustments and get the offense rolling.

Changing coaches will solve nothing, IMO. You're living a dream if you think otherwise.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, UNTFan23 said:

Changing coaches will solve nothing, IMO. You're living a dream if you think otherwise.

We cannot get any worse and having Evans take over would do nothing. I rather see what Shelton can do. He is the only person on that bench who might actually have potential. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Just now, Andrew said:

We cannot get any worse and having Evans take over would do nothing. I rather see what Shelton can do. He is the only person on that bench who might actually have potential. 

How do you think a coaching change will get more bench production? It's too late to install some sort of offensive system.

Changing coaches asap is not about saving this season. It is about getting a new guy in asap so he has a staff ready to go in terms of recruiting and is not behind the 8-ball in recruiting for next season and has time to try to convince some of the better current players to stay.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

How do you think a coaching change will get more bench production? It's too late to install some sort of offensive system.

It cannot hurt. Putting in Chico didn't hurt. Was he successful? No, but it was a change and sent a message. Now would be a good time for that message. 5 game skid and losing to the worst team in our conference is not inspiring. I still won't miss a game regardless, but I do think a choaching change couldn't make us any worse.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2