Rice (1/30/16)

CMJ

1 hour ago, UNTFan23 said:

Lose two more games and barring a run in the conference tournament a losing season is all but guaranteed.

I hope people aren't betting their life savings on Benford being fired before the end of the season.  Mid-season firings in basketball are not common unlike football.

I think it's 50/50 he will return next season with a 2 year extension.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, EagleMBA said:

I have March 7 in the "Benford Hasta Luego Lottery". That is the day before the Conference Tournament, I think, and I chose that date on the assumption that we wouldn't make the tournament. If every team, no matter how bad, makes the tournament then I made a strategic error. I thought that not all teams in previous years made the tournament.

Some conferences might do it that way, but in our recent years I think the only teams to miss the conference tournaments were because of post season bans.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

I think it's 50/50 he will return next season with a 2 year extension.

That is not beyond the realm of possibility, IMO. He will point to recruits and transfers, saying "We're almost there". RV will say "Why not? I could use the bonus" and its a done deal.

19 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

That is not beyond the realm of possibility, IMO. He will point to recruits and transfers, saying "We're almost there". RV will say "Why not? I could use the bonus" and its a done deal.

There cannot be a more simple example that RV could show us about being self-serving than to extend Tony Benford even one day. Benford cannot coach. He can recruit. But he has no x's and o's and has no idea of how to manage a team during a game. I'm sure practices are no different.

But, just for the sake of reading this message board basically explode, can you imagine if RV extends Benford, automatically extending his own contract? It would be epic...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

There cannot be a more simple example that RV could show us about being self-serving than to extend Tony Benford even one day. Benford cannot coach. He can recruit. But he has no x's and o's and has no idea of how to manage a team during a game. I'm sure practices are no different.

But, just for the sake of reading this message board basically explode, can you imagine if RV extends Benford, automatically extending his own contract? It would be epic...

My worst nightmare! Well, next to falling into a wood chipper.

37 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Honestly, I'm much more concerned about him actually firing Benford and making the hire.

• Upvote 2