Willie Fritz to Tulane

MGNation92

Great hire by Tulane. Let's revisit in 3 years.

"Fritz has been a head coach continuously since 1997 and has suffered only one losing season - his first, a 5-6 campaign at division  II Central Missouri..." 

But ya, we so score boarded Tulane...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Good hire for Tulane.  I'll be interested to see the money situation between Fritz & Littrell.  If they're both in the same neighborhood, it would be a direct reflection of the perception of our program.

Maybe not. I don't believe he was even on our radar! Look at the ones that were. Pretty impressive !

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

We had interest in Fritz. It never materialized so we moved on. Id imagine that Fritz probably got 1.5 to 1.7 million. Id say it ends up being close to the Scott Frost deal at UCF.

Well get ready because I promise you he will be hitting DFW hard in recruiting. 

I dont think he will hit it that hard. Plenty of talent in Louisiana, Mississippi, and the Houston area for him to attack. 

He may have planned to hold out for P5 but when nobody came calling he changed his stance. Could just be a timing thing. 

I think this is spot on. When Iowa State said no thanks, he had to reconsider his place in the college football pecking order.

Anyway, you don't recruit great quarterbacks and wide receivers running the triple option or the stuff we've run the last 5 years. You get some good running backs but that's it. The spread recruits good players to ALL the skill positions.

• Upvote 1

Most people predicted Fritz would get the Iowa State job. It would have been a very bad idea for us to have placed our eggs in that basket and waited.

I think Fritz is an outstanding coach, and would have been very happy if he'd been our selection, but we could also have been left without a viable candidate if we'd waited. Thankfully everything worked out with Seth and we are already rebuilding.

• Upvote 2