If you had 5 days

Wag Tag

Honestly, my guess is that this recruiting trip is likely more about talking with coaches than players. Like I said, just a guess, but logical given the time constraints. 

On his way he might stop at JUCOs, but from his interview, it sounds like he is doing day trips rather than the overnighters he might need to get into the state further. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In our little Central Texas district we have the following: LSU, Bama, SMU, Rice, Baylor, Kansas, Texas, NM State, etc and ZERO going to UNT.  I know our OL wanted to check out UNT to play some DL but UNT didnt give him any sniffs once he tore his ACL this summer.  Went on his only official visit to Kansas and committed on the spot.  Sad

• Upvote 1

I'd have a list of Texas HS kids who have committed to these schools: ULL, ULM, Arkansas State, UTSA, Texas State, and UTEP in this state and I'd go meet with as many of them as I could f2f that is possible. I'd have an itinerary set to visit those schools in a Texas loop, starting in DFW, head over to East Texas, down to Houston, over to Central Texas, and West Texas. If I can't get in front of the recruit, I get in front of his high school coaches and move on to the next stop.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I would draw a circle with a 75 mile radius around Denton and then pop my head in and introduce my self to as many of these coaches as possible.  This week is not about getting or flipping recruits, its about making or re-enfrocing relationships that will help once his staff is in place and real recruiting begins in January

• Upvote 3

Just a reminder that we are in the dead period for HS recruits.  No phone or in person contact until after the first of the year.  However, meeting with coaches is fair game.

I believe electronic contact is still permissible.

Dead period doesn't start until next Monday December 14.

• Upvote 1

In our little Central Texas district we have the following: LSU, Bama, SMU, Rice, Baylor, Kansas, Texas, NM State, etc and ZERO going to UNT.  I know our OL wanted to check out UNT to play some DL but UNT didnt give him any sniffs once he tore his ACL this summer.  Went on his only official visit to Kansas and committed on the spot.  Sad

what district? You coach? 

I'd have a list of Texas HS kids who have committed to these schools: ULL, ULM, Arkansas State, UTSA, Texas State, and UTEP in this state and I'd go meet with as many of them as I could f2f that is possible. I'd have an itinerary set to visit those schools in a Texas loop, starting in DFW, head over to East Texas, down to Houston, over to Central Texas, and West Texas. If I can't get in front of the recruit, I get in front of his high school coaches and move on to the next stop.

can I add Smu and Tech? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Go try and convince THIS KID that not only might he lose his recruiter and O coordinator next year but that he could possibly be waiting three years behind THIS KID before getting to start......vs...starting right away next year for us.

Hey I can dream can't I?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I imagine he has a shortlist of Texas HS guys he was looking at already. So if it were me, I'd do that. I'd hone in on the top-10 guys he thought could play at UNC, but were hesitant to commit. 

He probably hits them in person but on the way stops by the important HS on the way. He likely can't hit *every* HS with his time constraints, but likely hits on the ones he already has relationships with from whatever he has at UNC. That's what I'd do. Definitely swing by Guyer, Ryan, Argyle, a handful of DFW-area schools with good programs on the first day then head out to wherever the next closest guy on the aforementioned list. 

• Upvote 1