Tweet says UNT Hire is complete! Announcement tomorrow

TheReal_jayD

Some of their fans even know that our AD is terrible. People should read this so they will understand the outside perception of this program. Fly, if you are lurking, read through that slop. Sad thing is about 95% of our own alumni feel the same way.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

This is my favorite quote from the TCU Fan site: 

The hard question to answer would be "What makes you passionate about being UNT's head football coach as opposed to any other school?"  

If Meachum comes here I think it is a pretty good hire based on what people have predetermined the criteria should be.  If you are going to hire someone without head coaching experience you can't do much better than that.  For the record I think head coaching experience at the G5 or FCS level would be more valuable than "high powered offense coordinating experience".  A head coach by job description has to worry about a lot more than recruiting and X's & O's.   By him being from Arlington he should be very familiar with the historical ineptness of UNT Football.  But his path is clear, if he can win a CUSA Championship and Bowl and game against a P5 team that isn't the doormat of their conference he would be in line for some of the best coaching jobs in the country.   But who knows, he is 50 and might have a plan to coach at UNT for 15 years and retire just because he likes the DFW community.  I think the bar is relatively low here.  Keep your record around .500 every year and make a bowl game every 4 seasons you can coach here as long as you want.

• Upvote 1

But who knows, he is 50 and might have a plan to coach at UNT for 15 years and retire just because he likes the DFW community.

Kind of like Patterson.  He surely could have moved on, but seems happy where he's at.  I would love for this to be true...if we're winning of course.

• Upvote 1

Those TCU guys lack a few brain cells. There are only 128 FBS head coaching positions. If you're actively looking to be a HC and you get offered you have to seriously consider taking it. Look what happened to Fritz this year. ISU didn't even piss in his direction. They think they're hot shit like Alabama or something? Even with that that said, how many schools come banging down Bama's doors for their coordinators every year? Not many. Just because you're TCU and you've had recent success, doesn't mean your coaches are worthy of every FBS head coach position out there. 

Meacham is making a very good decision by taking the NT job. 

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 4