RV Chant???

Moobs

So during Saturday's game, should we start a chant?  I'm thinking when the banner makes it's appearance, we should start something.  What are you guys thoughts?  Yes or no?  And what chant should we do?  "Fire Rick"?

I'm pro chants. 

I'm more pro clever chants. 

Cleverness is more effective imho. 

Chants like that are unbecoming of alumni. If it were to come out of the student section... well I'd understand.

Don't worry, they aren't clever or organized enough to come up with said chant. Hell, 90% of the time I have to tell the students around me to shut the f*** up when we're on offense. Apparently that is a difficult concept to understand.

Don't worry, they aren't clever or organized enough to come up with said chant. Hell, 90% of the time I have to tell the students around me to shut the f*** up when we're on offense. Apparently that is a difficult concept to understand.

Some things never change. I had to do the same thing when I was a student.

There are a lot of concepts that are difficult to understand at NT.

Excellent point! The young alumni section was a great idea. I'll give RV credit for that. I think he came up with it.

Except the idea was a disaster because of poor marketing. It's now the Eastside Social Club/John Williams section.

John managed to sell out a section that RV couldn't move.

Go figure.

• Upvote 5

Except the idea was a disaster because of poor marketing. It's now the Eastside Social Club/John Williams section.

John managed to sell out a section that RV couldn't move.

Go figure.

True. It was a great idea, that had great possibilities, but RV couldn't make it work, and someone else stepped up and made it happen.

I thought the conference forced that move because our student section was too close to the opponents bench and (in their opinion) too rowdy.

And then RV came up with the young alumni idea, put no effort into actually marketing it toward recent alumni, and then thankfully JW came in to save the day, coming up with a marketing plan that sold out the section. 

Its amazing what a competent businessman can accomplish, isn't it?

And I would be willing to bet it was John Williams who came up with the idea and contacted RV, not the other way around. 

Edited by UNT90

And then RV came up with the young alumni idea, put no effort into actually marketing it toward recent alumni, and then thankfully JW came in to save the day, coming up with a marketing plan that sold out the section. 

Its amazing what a competent businessman can accomplish, isn't it?

And I would be willing to bet it was John Williams who came up with the idea and contacted RV, not the other way around. 

Maybe RV learned his sales techniques from Mandy?