Civility

Cerebus

Exactly @oldguystudent, nothing but lies and empty promises out of that guy.

What exactly has @TheTastyGreek done for this board the last few years?  The last few upgrades have been horrible.  Where's the ninja emoji?  He hasn't brought in any new content in forever and he last few fundraising campaigns have set the bar so low that anyone in that position could have raised those funds.  

This is about more than raising a few dollars.  Tasty's Clubof12 that love to hang around him because he is so awesome need to wake up.  They just want to keep this site small so they get access to a webmaster that they otherwise couldn't if they were on a site like Orangebloods or LandThieves.

With the number of students and alumni we have, we should have 3 times the amount of traffic and posters.  Someone should put together one of those snazzy bar charts showing how abysmal our growth numbers are, especially when compared to the number of students and alumni.  How long has he been here?  When is @gmgprez going to hold this guy accountable?

And before one of you Tasty apologists like @subereC tries to bring up posters that Tasty hired like @CoachBillLewis or @Skipper, they may have some success and put up big numbers in the non revenue forums, but this is about the primary forums that generate traffic for this site.  

We should raise some money for a banner ad and fly it at the top of this site before the next game.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Is there not any thread that's going to become whining diatribe of self serving derision?  It would be awesome to have a place to get current info that's not just the same garbage over and over. Guess that's too much to ask of grown ups. Everyone hates RV. Move on. 

There's always Norm's show from 10-12.

Is there not any thread that's going to become whining diatribe of self serving derision?  It would be awesome to have a place to get current info that's not just the same garbage over and over. Guess that's too much to ask of grown ups. Everyone hates RV. Move on. 

Agree with the sentiment, but not sure what there is to talk about. It's random coach speculation, possible X's and O's discussion around an outmanned roster for all but 2 remaining match ups, or the fact that the AD decided to give his big, somewhat unhinged curtain pullback to an NT Daily reporter because he doesn't like the one traditional reporter who covers this program. If there's anything else to discuss besides those items and the hourly dramatic freakout threads, I would love to read it and add comments.

• Upvote 5

Having fans move on to support other teams does seem to be the mission of the AD...

• Upvote 4

We should raise some money for a banner ad and fly it at the top of this site before the next game.

If you think the site is bad now, wait until you embarrass Tasty...

(PS: If you want to get rid of Tasty you are going to have to remove the two people above him first.)

Several years ago, he promised gyros on a spit at tailgating.  Never happened.  I say let him suffer.

Cut the man a break.  The Greek government converted his retirement account from Euros to a mix of shiny sea shells and Syriza bumper stickers.  

• Upvote 2

If you think the site is bad now, wait until you embarrass Tasty...

(PS: If you want to get rid of Tasty you are going to have to remove the two people above him first.)

Cut the man a break.  The Greek government converted his retirement account from Euros to a mix of shiny sea shells and Syriza bumper stickers.  

Isn't Tasty a secret fan of Golden Dawn? 

What exactly has @TheTastyGreek done for this board the last few years?  The last few upgrades have been horrible.  Where's the ninja emoji?  He hasn't brought in any new content in forever and he last few fundraising campaigns have set the bar so low that anyone in that position could have raised those funds.  

Here's the thing - Tasty bungled a series of web traffic ventures. Do I even have to mention the TY Sports and TakeaKnee debacles? It wasn't until @UNTflyer showed up that we started seeing a more inclusive atmosphere. Basically, he got set up behind the scenes to look like a hero with his sandwich and legos crap, but we all know it was built on the backs of others way beyond his ivory tower. Really, for my money, I put these positives much more on Flyer, the young army of guys named Chris, and the good people of Euless than I do this tastygeek fellow.

• Upvote 1

Here's the thing - Tasty bungled a series of web traffic ventures. Do I even have to mention the TY Sports and TakeaKnee debacles? It wasn't until @UNTflyer showed up that we started seeing a more inclusive atmosphere. Basically, he got set up behind the scenes to look like a hero with his sandwich and legos crap, but we all know it was built on the backs of others way beyond his ivory tower. Really, for my money, I put these positives much more on Flyer, the young army of guys named Chris, and the good people of Euless than I do this tastygeek fellow.

and let us not forget the black-eye that was The Peach Basket. sure...at the time it was lauded by such publications as The Sporting News, TY Sports and TakeaKnee, but one episode in everyone involved from hosts, to production, to it's loyal follow(s) to Skiver knew it was out of it's depths as a division one podcast yet @TheTastyGreek allowed it to continue for a good half-dozen episodes. 

• Upvote 2

Several years ago, he promised gyros on a spit at tailgating.  Never happened.  I say let him suffer.

As I explained... At the time, we had a generator contract with Tulsa Power. When we joined CUSA, that invalidated the contract, and the problems that created led to a need for non-spitted gyros. But, we found a workaround, and the tailgate gyros I've made since we opened Apogee have been delicious. I'm proud of the product I've been able to put on the plate the past few years, especially given the financial circumstances. Frankly, and this is something many of you don't want to acknowledge or refuse to understand... The generator and vertical spit pool is always going to be limited unless the number is where you can negotiate whatever it is. 

Exactly @oldguystudent, nothing but lies and empty promises out of that guy.

I hope that you don't think that I take accountability. When I took this moderator gig, I said it wasn't a sprint. GoMeanGreen was in a bad place. We had bad forum software, we had no budget, our recruit tracking was below 30%. We had no donors, no forum chat room, nothing. 

Some people may say "You've been a moderator for five years" (side note: holy crap, five years of you people and your shenanigans). There's been a ton of payoff. You may not see it today in the football forum. But there's been a ton of payoff. In that marathon, we've kept running and completed a ton of that. 

I think I transform lunches. That's not to take away anything from the many people who made these achievements happen. I certainly acknowledge and appreciate the tremendous contributions @UNTflyer made in the sandwich and LEGO initiatives. 

What I brought to the party was dick jokes. I brought a vision and I brought a consistency in moving towards things regardless of obstacles. When you look at the things I can control, I'll stand my track record against just about anybody's.

and let us not forget the black-eye that was The Peach Basket. sure...at the time it was lauded by such publications as The Sporting News, TY Sports and TakeaKnee, but one episode in everyone involved from hosts, to production, to it's loyal follow(s) to Skiver knew it was out of it's depths as a division one podcast yet @TheTastyGreek allowed it to continue for a good half-dozen episodes. 

Look, I take full responsibility for the failures of The Peach Basket. Am I satisfied with the horrible results of my co-host? No. But, I still think Jesse was a good hire. At the time I made the hire, he was called the 2nd best guy on that podcast by most media in the country. 

As to why the levels of accountability are different? Well, I think my co-host had everything he needed when he got here. I sent him a headset, I booked the engineer, I mixed and mastered the episodes. We gave that podcast a chance to be relevant. Did it work out the way I'd hoped? No. Do I regret hiring Jesse as my co-host? Well, I'm certainly not happy with the results... But Jesse was a good Sun Belt basketball podcast hire based on who we could go hire.

You haven't seen me posting ( or even reading ) anything here in months.... I got tired of "one person" constantly insulting me and twisting everything I said into something I did not say or even mean ...  Others disagreed at times...  but not so insulting or in a dishonest way... It seemed he was just looking for my posts and something to make fun of ....   It doesn't have to be that way...  I just read today because of the coaching situation and the changes that will take place. ... Go Mean Green. !!

I have no knowledge of why yawl are dog-pilling and talking about Tasty.... I am not talking about him. 

• Upvote 2

Agree with the sentiment, but not sure what there is to talk about. It's random coach speculation, possible X's and O's discussion around an outmanned roster for all but 2 remaining match ups, or the fact that the AD decided to give his big, somewhat unhinged curtain pullback to an NT Daily reporter because he doesn't like the one traditional reporter who covers this program. If there's anything else to discuss besides those items and the hourly dramatic freakout threads, I would love to read it and add comments.

Yep.