Traveling to Iowa?

Glenn911

I made the mistake of traveling to some away games last year and lost faith at UTEP. I won't be buying plane tickets and hotels rooms for away games until we significantly improve. 

This is more my worry for "showcasing" to alumni that I convince to come to events.  Any chance I have to make it to a game with my kids is fine while they're young, because all they'll remember is that it was cold, they got to yell a lot, and there was pizza.  I will have to keep following your recommendations though, because everywhere you told us to go was a major score with everyone.  Funny that I was just thinking about all of that the other day, because we'll be driving back through El Paso again next weekend.

• Upvote 1

Big 10 roadies are fun.  I went to IU last year and the fans were great inviting us into their tailgates and they had this great mesmorization with Denton.  Everyone had a story about Denton - a drive thru or girlfriend or Miss America fantasy or something.  Big game environments rock.

Beat the Hawkeyes.

GMG

I'm heading there tomorrow with a group of 4. My good friend at work is an Iowa alum and we've been looking forward to this weekend for the past 2 years. Not that I'm expecting much, but it should still be fun. We saw Iowa vs Wiscy 2 years ago at Kinnick and it was super cool. Would love to meat up that the Mean Green Tailgate. 

This will actually be my first away game not with Marching Band, so I'm excited for that part too. We're staying in KC tomorrow, and then Iowa City will feel our wrath!

• Upvote 1

I'm heading there tomorrow with a group of 4. My good friend at work is an Iowa alum and we've been looking forward to this weekend for the past 2 years. Not that I'm expecting much, but it should still be fun. We saw Iowa vs Wiscy 2 years ago at Kinnick and it was super cool. Would love to meat up that the Mean Green Tailgate. 

This will actually be my first away game not with Marching Band, so I'm excited for that part too. We're staying in KC tomorrow, and then Iowa City will feel our wrath!

If you have time in KC go to the WW1 museum. Unless you prefer to tour Boulevard Brewery. Check their website, but I think you can get tickets at 10:00am and then you'll know when your tour will be.