Will RV have a Job come Monday?

KingDL1

LOLOLOL!!!! Better question would be "Should RV have a job on Monday?" I am not so pissed off today. I didn't go and glad I didn't. Mac was already praising McNulty's performance in the post presser. It's all a pitiful joke. Buying out Dan McCarney's contract following this season would be money well spent. Making a GOOD hire for a change could get that money righy back into the account quickly. Very quickly. Such a joke. Hey Fly, #itisinfactallajoke!!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I have been gone for some time. And now that I am in Boston, it will be difficult to attend anything. But Rick, as bad as he may be now, still has a permanent bye.

Apogee, CUSA and 10 years of SMU. In the dark days of 2005, I would have killed for any one of those three. So some perspective is in order.

Mac has had a thing for McNulty for years, and it's been costing us games for a few years. We need a coach who can dump his boy and his pride. The shame is I like Mac. There should be nothing like what ran Darryl out (I would have bought him a cake, too). No pity for someone who just couldn't do the job, like Todd. Mac needs a inning season, or he';s gone.  

• Upvote 1

I have been gone for some time. And now that I am in Boston, it will be difficult to attend anything. But Rick, as bad as he may be now, still has a permanent bye.

Apogee, CUSA and 10 years of SMU. In the dark days of 2005, I would have killed for any one of those three. So some perspective is in order.

Mac has had a thing for McNulty for years, and it's been costing us games for a few years. We need a coach who can dump his boy and his pride. The shame is I like Mac. There should be nothing like what ran Darryl out (I would have bought him a cake, too). No pity for someone who just couldn't do the job, like Todd. Mac needs a inning season, or he';s gone.  

Smu is five years, CUSA was falling apart, and Apogee was the students. 

I agree with most of what has been written in this thread except one thing.   Apogee was always going to be reliant on the students, like it or not.  And don't forget the $20 million from Apogee for naming rights as that came under RV's watch.  I am not happy with a number of things but not giving RV credit where credit is do, and stating that the stadium is all on the students is wrong. There is not another AD that could have built Apogee without the student vote.

Plus, half of you giving the students all of the credit are also the ones clamoring for the fee to be raised to do more.  Seems hypocritical to me.

• Upvote 2

I don't wish for RV to lose his job, but something obviously has to change. This whole McNulty never does wrong and gets more than enough chances has got to stop. If we lose, I want to lose with a QB who is our future. 

I don't really want anyone to lose their job, but I also don't want him hiring our next head coach.

• Upvote 3

sad to see your expectations are so low. 

As long as RV is here, we will never be anything but an afterthought and punchline in metroplex sports.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I agree with most of what has been written in this thread except one thing.   Apogee was always going to be reliant on the students, like it or not.  And don't forget the $20 million from Apogee for naming rights as that came under RV's watch.  I am not happy with a number of things but not giving RV credit where credit is do, and stating that the stadium is all on the students is wrong. There is not another AD that could have built Apogee without the student vote.

Plus, half of you giving the students all of the credit are also the ones clamoring for the fee to be raised to do more.  Seems hypocritical to me.

I think there have been a lot of stadiums build without a student vote, so it is not the only way to fund construction.  The 20M naming Apogee thing is a lot of smoke and mirrors.  Note that 20 million is mostly in services and back loaded.  Not saying it is not a great deal for NT, but it is not what many think.  

I do agree that RV is due credit for all things that occur on his watch both good and bad.  However, all that is immaterial to me; the point is what is best for NT going forward.  

This athletic program is at best stagnant at this point and at worse going quickly down hill.  The question is a new face on the program or RV most likely to make the changes necessary to build a successful program not only in wins and loses but greatly increased support.   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1