Will RV have a Job come Monday?

KingDL1

I agree with most of what has been written in this thread except one thing.   Apogee was always going to be reliant on the students, like it or not.  And don't forget the $20 million from Apogee for naming rights as that came under RV's watch.  I am not happy with a number of things but not giving RV credit where credit is do, and stating that the stadium is all on the students is wrong. There is not another AD that could have built Apogee without the student vote.

Plus, half of you giving the students all of the credit are also the ones clamoring for the fee to be raised to do more.  Seems hypocritical to me.

Are you saying that he did better than average on raising money for the Stadium? In my opinion his fundraising efforts are very sub-par. And the lies that come out of his mouth after awhile are nauseating. He would be better off in Hattiesburg. 

I agree with most of what has been written in this thread except one thing.   Apogee was always going to be reliant on the students, like it or not.  And don't forget the $20 million from Apogee for naming rights as that came under RV's watch.  I am not happy with a number of things but not giving RV credit where credit is do, and stating that the stadium is all on the students is wrong. There is not another AD that could have built Apogee without the student vote.

Plus, half of you giving the students all of the credit are also the ones clamoring for the fee to be raised to do more.  Seems hypocritical to me.

You wanting improvement but not holding the person fully accountable for our athletic failures seems hypocritical to me. 

Rv never fully pushed the envelope to get Apogee rolling. That's well documented. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Well of course not.  How many of them even know how to operate a concrete mixer?  

Truth is that the students decided to enact a fee that allowed the university to issue $38M in construction bonds.  

Also we were getting to the point where the Stadium was going to happen regardless  sooner or later and I think if RV had been the guru he claims it would have been five years earlier.