Predict the UNT/SMU Score

Matt from A700

All TDs? With our offense and the (probable) best kicker in our conference I don't see how we only score touchdowns.

Reality!? Can't accept that when his score appears to have no field goals. 

One of those TD's is actually the opening kickoff when Moore kicks a line drive directly at an SMU player's head, it bounces right back to him where he runs it past the entire special teams unit for a TD.

• Upvote 3

What could possibly be more North Texas than killing them one year, getting their coach fired, sending tons of pumped up fans down to Dallas, paying to fly a banner over their stadium.... And getting curb stomped by a team everyone everyone everyone seems to think we should beat.   It's so perfectly North Texas it makes me want to cry. 

Give me us by a touchdown.... cuz I never learn. 

+1000000

I'll stick to this--and I don't care that SMU looked good in the first half against an overrated Baylor team that was missing its two best defenders--if we cannot beat these guys, Portland State is your only hope for a win.

Its really weird to play a barometer game as your first one, but this game will tell us a lot. If we win, then you still have 4 other very winnable games left, at a bare minimum. And it should help you with recruiting, which at least improved to 90th out of 129 teams this past year. If we lose, the program will basically point toward reverting to a Dodge-like season and situation, where you win 1-2 games but the coach is here for at a few more years because he costs too much to buy out. And that would put recruiting back to a 2014 level again, where we finished dead last per rivals.

• Upvote 2

What could possibly be more North Texas than killing them one year, getting their coach fired, sending tons of pumped up fans down to Dallas, paying to fly a banner over their stadium.... And getting curb stomped by a team everyone everyone everyone seems to think we should beat.   It's so perfectly North Texas it makes me want to cry. 

Share the same nightmare.  The saving grace is that we basically had a scenario like this in the HOD Bowl (big fan interest/heavy $ investment in UNT alumni/MGC bowl week events, awesome fan turnout, logos on the Omni light board etc) and we rose to the occasion under this staff.

Losing that game would have been the North Texas thing to do as well. That said, give me the Mean Green over SMU by 4.

• Upvote 2

I have that eerie feeling of Tulsa back in the early 2000's when everyone, fans and sports outlets, predicted NT to destroy the Golden Hurricane in the home opener. If my memory serves me correctly (and it doesn't half the time), Vegas had NT as a convincing favorite at Fouts. Tulsa came in and stomped a mudhole into the Mean Green, starting the end of the DD bowl run era. Noone saw that coming......

Edited by Got5onIt

Baylor didn't even take advantage of the undersized DL. North Texas will. 

Because North Texas has a better offensive line than Baylor?

Um .... OK.  

Malonish, I saw on the SMU board that one of your alums expressed concern that Texas might come after Chad Morris because Texas lost. Do you think you guys might be looking past us?  That is after you gave up 723 yards against Baylor. That puts you in last place in all of D1 for week 1. Two years ago UNT was tied with Georgia, who was ranked #9 in the nation, 21-21 mid 3rd quarter.  We did loose by 24.  All I know is every year is a new year.  You won't know what you are up against until we hit the field. If you have fear, talk real loud.  Maybe that will help.  You did keep in tact, your statistical edge, in that, you can't loose em all, unless you loose the first one. GMG

Forgive me for stepping in on Malonish's post, but ... hell no. 

Chad Morris was nowhere near content after the game. He is miles from being satisfied with the performance last week.

And, as you point out, UNT rolled last year against an SMU team that went 1-11. They're not looking past anyone. 

As much as I would like to think (and do think) SMU wins this one, I can't predict it until it happens. Not after the trainwreck last year in Denton.

Edited by giacfsp
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I Really didnt know where to post this but as most of you know, they sell beer at Ford Stadium but I heard that its Cash only.. Anyone confirm this?

@malonish

Plan on standing in line for at least a quarter and have cash in hand. Was at BU game and it was the worst admission procedures as well as concession procedures I have ever seen anywhere. They are only prepared for a crowd of about 10K, and if you don't leave the tailgate an hour before kickoff plan on missing the first quarter.

• Upvote 1

Plan on standing in line for at least a quarter and have cash in hand. Was at BU game and it was the worst admission procedures as well as concession procedures I have ever seen anywhere. They are only prepared for a crowd of about 10K, and if you don't leave the tailgate an hour before kickoff plan on missing the first quarter.

Knew you were a SMU fan.

Knew you were a SMU fan.

I was there with BU fans as my wife is a BU grad. Also had fellow UNT Foundation Board member with me. I have been supporting NT  FB since you were nothing more than a gleam in your father's eye ( 56 th year- saw Abner Haynes at age 12). If you are in need of a closet SMU supporter see Grey Eagle. Personally I can't stand them, but they were impressive in first half vs. BU.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As much as it makes me want to throw up, I predict 48-12 bad guys win.

I'll be in 122 with you, pissed off that #5 can't throw the ball.

My prediction was much closer before I put on my green-colored glasses.

As we draw closer to game time, the homer in me trumps all rationale. I've revising my prediction to 35-14, good guys win.