CUSA Action (3//19/15)

CMJ

SMU is just terrible. They need to move on from larry brown. So many players (a few good players) have left the program and brown may just run it into the ground yet. We will see what happens in the next few years. Syracuse got their up and comings and SMU won't be far behind. SMU just won't have a tourney championship, or even a win to show for it.

I would take that kind of terrible.

Really couldn't tell, looks different from different angles. I am sure we would be furious if it was decided that way against us.

There was one view from the top of the rim and it looked like the SMU player touched the ball before it had a chance to hit the rim.

Of course, had SMU not turned the ball over right around the 0:22 mark they might have actually won the game.

SMU is just terrible. They need to move on from larry brown. So many players (a few good players) have left the program and brown may just run it into the ground yet. We will see what happens in the next few years. Syracuse got their up and comings and SMU won't be far behind. SMU just won't have a tourney championship, or even a win to show for it.

If they are terrible how would you describe UNT? I'd take their coach team and program over ours that is already buried in the ground.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There was one view from the top of the rim and it looked like the SMU player touched the ball before it had a chance to hit the rim.

Of course, had SMU not turned the ball over right around the 0:22 mark they might have actually won the game.

I agree with that, but the look from the top of the key looked like it had enough height to maybe miss the entire rim.

I don't see this as SMU losing it, UCLA won it. Specifically Alford, he went 9 for 11 from three and without that they get buried in the second half like I expected.

A few year old article on how the Inuits worked in 2011. Although it seems the sunbelt was left off the chart. The big east made about 25 million in 2011. Not bad. It definetly shows the need to be a multi bid conference which the "all knowing" committee seems to know and hod against the smaller guys.

http://businessofcollegesports.com/2012/03/02/how-much-money-do-conferences-earn-from-march-madness/

Inuit is already plural. You can drop the S.

• Upvote 4

I agree with that, but the look from the top of the key looked like it had enough height to maybe miss the entire rim.

I don't see this as SMU losing it, UCLA won it. Specifically Alford, he went 9 for 11 from three and without that they get buried in the second half like I expected.

I see this as SMU Sucks :D

Suck it Ponies

• Upvote 1

SMU loses off a crazy goal tending. Ponyfans burns to the ground. Rioting threatens Ford stadium.

Plus-most people inside Ford in years

Minus-all the pissing on the fence makes the neighbors complain about the smell.

Can you really consider 25 people a riot?

I was laughing, out loud. It was great. The hype infused into that place is unforeseen. Celebs, casuals, media, pro athletes, (Bush even addressed them before they hit the road) etc. just show up to their home games (for whatever reason) to see what inevitably turned out to be a one pump chump tourney team. It put a smile in my face.

Let's be honest, all they're gonna do is mob a Starbucks and march on the Boulevard sipping frappachinos looking for hookers.

True story: A few times a year, the kid and I will go catch a show at The Granada. Most times we do, we go early to get parking and maybe pick up a Turkish coffee at the delicious Mediterranean diner across the street. Almost every time we go, we'll find ourselves standing on the sidewalk somewhere, waiting to cross the street, and some popped collar in a Jeep with the top down and some freaky thumpa thumpa noise playing at 500 decibels will drive past and yell some unintelligible nonsense at us.

Kid says of The Granada as a venue, "I really like the theater, but the neighborhood is full of delusional rich white kids."

Edited by oldguystudent