CUSA Action (3//19/15)

CMJ

How much exactly does each university receive per win?

Over the course of (I think) six years I think it's actually quite a bit. I think it was tasty who wrote about how it was broken down a few years back, but I think it slightly changes every season. I do know that the shares last several years for the league.

• Upvote 1

UAB making an easier road for the ponies should they win.. to take away what was once a North Texas strangle hold on the DFW basketball community (in regards to college hoops in the area)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Another 3 seed goes down! What is in the water in these arenas? Wow!

Northeastern also had a great chance to take down ND but took to long to get a shot off and ended up turning over the ball. Now it's time to watch UCLA whoop up on this over rated SMU team.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1

Northwestern also had a great chance to take down notre dam but took to long to get a shot off and ended up turning over the ball. Now it's time to watch UCLA whoop up on this over rated SMU team.

You mean Northeastern.

Over the course of (I think) six years I think it's actually quite a bit. I think it was tasty who wrote about how it was broken down a few years back, but I think it slightly changes every season. I do know that the shares last several years for the league.

The distribution changes every year, this year its over 265k. However you get the distribution for the next five years also, including the increase. So one share will be worth close to 2 million to the conference over all. Getting a win and going to another round? Another share. If you get to the final four there is a different (much higher) distribution.

This is why being a multi bid conference is so important. Every single conference gets one share to their champion. Being able to stack shares from multiple teams and hopefully multiple wins is where the money really comes in. I think the ACC's distribution has been around 18 million per year for the last several years because of this.

• Upvote 2

UCLA was playing like a tournament team at the end of the season. They just don't have the resume to be in. I actually think they match up very well against SMU, and given the UAB win, could make a Sweet 16 run.

Edited by CMJ

UCLA was playing like a tournament team at the end of the season. They just don't have the resume to be in. I actually think they match up very well against SMU, and given the UAB win, could make a Sweet 16 run.

No bench. You can't make a run in the tourney without a bench.

And I mean NO bench production:

iiqKxrc.png

Edited by Cerebus

No bench. You can't make a run in the tourney without a bench.

And I mean NO bench production:

iiqKxrc.png

I'm not saying they have a bench, but the draw opened up for them. Should they hold the lead today - they probably have a 50/50 shot against UAB.

A few year old article on how the Inuits worked in 2011. Although it seems the sunbelt was left off the chart. The big east made about 25 million in 2011. Not bad. It definetly shows the need to be a multi bid conference which the "all knowing" committee seems to know and hod against the smaller guys.

http://businessofcollegesports.com/2012/03/02/how-much-money-do-conferences-earn-from-march-madness/

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1