Time to start winning again !?!?!

cogido

OK OK, I give in. Losing really sucks. Football and basketball and we don't have my beloved baseball yet. Would somebody please tell the BOR, President, and Administration that as one of many thousands of UNT grads we have checkbooks but need to see some commitment to WINNING ! Give us more than one winning season in years and years and years and we'll pay back.

• Upvote 2

OK OK, I give in. Losing really sucks. Football and basketball and we don't have my beloved baseball yet. Would somebody please tell the BOR, President, and Administration that as one of many thousands of UNT grads we have checkbooks but need to see some commitment to WINNING ! Give us more than one winning season in years and years and years and we'll pay back.

Be my guest.

Here is the only e-mail addresses I could find for the BOR.

Board of Regents

UNT System Building — 1901 Main St., Dallas, Texas 75201

Name Title Location Phone Email Haggett, Rosemary R Board Secretary UNT System Building 756 (214) 752-5535 rosemary.haggett@untsystem.edu Vandagriff, Lindsey Board Operations Coordinator UNT System Building 747 (214) 752-5545 lindsey.vandagriff@untsystem.edu

Here are their profiles......

http://www.untsystem.edu/regents/profiles.htm

You could try plugging in their names to the @untsystem.edu and see what happens. The chairman (in theory) would be.... brint.ryan@untsystem.edu

Edited by SilverEagle

But anyway, all the "big" schools do it, so we are all on an even playing field.

If you want to adjust/weight the wins, be my guest. But it'll be pretty similar with our win against Indiana and some wins against folks that were more highly ranked than us at the time. Which was most people.

• Upvote 1

lol.

I guess you would be ok with Benford putting 10 D2 schools on the schedule next year if it got us 20 wins.

If only we could schedule high schools...

According to the athletics department, the basketball team won the seventh most home games in program history, this past year.

Of course, half of them were over places like Avocado State and Guacamole U, so take that for what it's worth.

If we had beaten Houston in the Apogee debut that would mean the same as the drubbing we have Nichols state?

I don't get this cherry picking. Of course the quality of opponent matters, but to just remove it from the win column is misguided.

Weight it!

So WHO you beat matters, obviously, but the Nicholls St. win was not a win?

A win is a win. I want more of those. Sprinkle in some Nicholls St. wins if we must.

Then a win is not a win, because that statement implies a win over UT is the same as a win over Nicholls St.

And if you want more of Nicholls St., enjoy it with the 5,000 fans that will be left.

At least you have the right AD in place for this scenerio.

Edited by UNT90

Let's examine the statement "a win is a win" and when this statement is and isn't made.

It's made by a P5 coach whose nationally ranked program escapes by the skin of their teeth against an FCS opponent.

It wasn't made by the Appy St. coach after his team took down Big Blue in the Big House.

It may have been made by Coach Mac after the abberition that was Nicholls St., after which so many on here had DW on the next HOF ballot.

It wasn't made by the North Dokota St. Coach after his team took down Kansas St. in Manhatten, although it could have been with the win streak they have going over P5 programs.

Oh, and it wasn't made by the Ohio St. Coach after his team won the national title game.

What it is is a stupid coach speak phrase to excuse underperformance and under scheduling.

The whole reason there is an RPI in basketball is because a win isn't a win, otherwise Murray St. Would be a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament instead of playing in the NIT.

But it does fit right in at UNT, so maybe you are right.

What you are saying is "well, we really can't/wont compete with better teams, so I just want to see us beat up some little guys."

You're just a bunch of overgrown sports bullies.

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 4