FIU Alumni Assc Prez calls for removal of AD

Harry

I believe it was Pitt, actually, that Mario Cristobal turned down. I'm waiting for him to get another head coaching job again. What he did at FIU was borderline miraculous--and he got thanked for that by getting canned after one bad season by a new AD.

Wasn't there something else going on? Maybe something about drunken conduct or am I mixing up Cristobal with someone else?

There has to be someone out there - not officially employed by the institution - that is allowed to be a voice between an institution and the public eye. If you think the AA is not allowed to condemn/discredit the university publicly, then who is?

It goes back to what many people on here including myself talk about there being a real country club, good ole boy club atmosphere taking place in our athletic department, specifically football. Then people on here that rub elbows the closest get on here and go to the core of the earth and back defending their shenanigans because of possible preferential treatment they may or may not receive. It's a scenario that you never want to see your school in. It's a scenario that I'm afraid we are sitting directly in. It creates misled relationships inside the athletic department that allows the highest of job security for anyone that is willing to stick around. Aka, it creates comfort and too much comfort leads to 3/4 losing seasons and on the brink of a probable 4/5 losing seasons. Jobs...however...intact. So, we, us, have to voice displeasure when there is something to be voiced bc it is damn apparent that no one inside the walls of the athletic complex or Hurley is going to.
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

It goes back to what many people on here including myself talk about there being a real country club, good ole boy club atmosphere taking place in our athletic department, specifically football. Then people on here that rub elbows the closest get on here and go to the core of the earth and back defending their shenanigans because of possible preferential treatment they may or may not receive. It's a scenario that you never want to see your school in. It's a scenario that I'm afraid we are sitting directly in. It creates misled relationships inside the athletic department that allows the highest of job security for anyone that is willing to stick around. Aka, it creates comfort and too much comfort leads to 3/4 losing seasons and on the brink of a probable 4/5 losing seasons. Jobs...however...intact. So, we, us, have to voice displeasure when there is something to be voiced bc it is damn apparent that no one inside the walls of the athletic complex or Hurley is going to.

Agree.....+1 for you.

• Upvote 1