Slim Chickens coming to Denton?

Harry

A partner at work gave me this list of places to go in Dallas. Of the list, I've tried Campisi's, Norma's, and Sonny Bryans. Most of it is probably way to uppity muckity muck for my wallet, but is there anything on here I simply must try?

I've been to Campisis and Sonny Bryan's. Both were ok. Never been to Norma's. What kind of food do they offer?

A partner at work gave me this list of places to go in Dallas. Of the list, I've tried Campisi's, Norma's, and Sonny Bryans. Most of it is probably way to uppity muckity muck for my wallet, but is there anything on here I simply must try?

S&D Oyster House is one of my all-time favorite places in Dallas. Very small menu but delicious. Pretty impeccable, attentive wait staff. If having oysters they'll mix the cocktail sauce at the table.

When you go, get the broiled snapper. And ask for extra cole-slaw. (People think Im crazy when I say that but then agree quickly once they have a bite.)

You're welcome.

p.s. - while it resides in uptown you can roll in there dressed as causal (shorts, t-shirt, flip flops) or as fancy as you wish.

Edited by adman

These are the classics. Almost all of them are a must. However, these aren't neccesarily the best or even top 5 in their respective food categories. Have you really never been to an el Fenix? Go to the downtown one. It's just classic standard tex mex that has been here forever. Javier's is better, but pricier. Like anything else it just depends.

I cant believe it's been almost 2 years since I've played Turtle Hills... The Center closing breaks my heart.

Yeah, I loved The Center. It completed my trips up to Fischers. A small part of me died the day I tried to open the door and found it was no longer to be. There isn't much left in Muenster anymore outside of Fischers, but bow howdy are they worth the drive.

If ever in Cowtown and looking for a burger, skip the hyped-up Kincaid's and squeeze into Charlie's Burgers on Granbury road just north of South Loop 820.

P.S. It's been a little over a year since In-And-Out opened on 7th street. The fact that it's doors are still open is a good sign that out of town visitor business is doing well.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You want to fix the chicken finger crisis in Denton? Bring back the State Club!

Is Hook, Line and Sinker still open in Dallas? Good, casual fish shack type establishment just west of Central on Washington, I believe. Used to eat there when I worked at Baylor Healthcare.

Is Hook, Line and Sinker still open in Dallas? Good, casual fish shack type establishment just west of Central on Washington, I believe. Used to eat there when I worked at Baylor Healthcare.

HLS is still alive and well - corner of McKinney & Lemmon.

HLS also opened a new location up north - Preston between I believe Belt Line and Frankford. Good stuff.